Condor Lotus (Lotus branded cycle)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As a self confessed cycling addict and long term lover of the Lotus car brand this collaboration is an expensive form of torture.

Following on from Lotus' Type 108 track bike that put Chris Boardman on top of the podium at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics Lotus has collaborated once more to produce two limited edition bikes to celebrate it's 64th anniversary. They've collaborated with the Condor cycle company a group which also shares it's 64th anniversary this year.

First let me introduce the delectable Type 1 LC road bike : http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/lotus-world/type-1-lc-racing-road-bike which with a limited run of only 64 is likely to fetch more than it's £5,200 asking price on the open market.

Next up with a less heart stopping price of £2000 is the Type 1 LC 1948 single speed. http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/lotus-world/type-1-lc-1948-single-speed-bicycle Unfortunately this classic beauty has an even shorter production run of only 48 but look at that gorgeous lug work! :clap:

So which one would I buy? Hell if I had the money I'd buy both! :woot:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All they need now is a nice Lotus Twin Cam bolted onto it somewhere then they will be finished. :1thumbup:

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have a brief go on boardmans lotus bike not long after he broke all the records on it. I was really surprised how up for it it felt. Fixed gear and no freewheel made getting started a bit scarey but once rolling it was astonishing!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd buy both if money was no object but design wise I prefer the Type 1 LC 1948 single speed. Unfortunately it would be totally unsuitable for the terrain around here.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
there is always the bus .

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:
there is always the bus .