• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Compensation for PSN downtime

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just seen this post on the EU PlayStation Blog:

A holiday thank you
An important message for all PSN members

Hi everyone, Happy New Year! Since access to PlayStation Network was impacted during the holidays, we wanted to show our appreciation for your patience by offering all PlayStation Plus members that had an active membership or free trial on December 25th a membership extension of five days. The extension will be automatically applied, so no action is necessary to receive the extension. We will post additional information here on the blog when the extension becomes available. If your membership or trial ends before the extension is available, you will receive five days of Plus to enjoy once the extension becomes available (we will notify you when).

In addition, sometime this month we will announce that for a limited time, we will be offering a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to ALL PSN members.

The discount can be used towards great content available on the store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies.

In case you missed it, click here to read about the great games included in the January 2015 PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection lineup.

Thanks again to all our loyal PlayStation fans and welcome to our newest console owners. Wishing you all a very Happy Holiday.

All they had to give back was the days of downtime (two in most cases). They have offered 5 days and a 10% discount. So, what do you think - a generous offer or a poor deal?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, they didn't have to do it, but the 10% discount is a swindle, they'll make more money from that with people buying stuff they weren't necessarily going to get just so they get the discount. The extension would have done.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I buy a lot from the psn store (about £30 a month), so the discount is most welcome.
Very good of them, bearing in mind its not their fault and Microsoft haven't offerred anything.
I hear an arrest has been made in Surrey already. In fact, the FBI have managed to obtain details of all the members of Lizard Squad already. Well, their computer profiles.
Heres hoping they throw the book at them.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's good of them, even if I don't feel they needed to do it.

I won't be using the 10% but its a nice gesture sll the same.

What would be really nice is if they release all the personal details of these muppets. Then their new friends could call in and thank them personally for the Christmas goodwill they created.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The arrest is conjectured to be a 22 called Vinnie Omari. Source

I'm happy they've given back the PSPlus time that was my main concern although its a courtesy as the terms probably contain no guarantee of service.

Abs