• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Commander mode

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Does anyone actually play this! I've tried but really havnt got a clue what iam doing
When I 1st heard of commander mode I was really excited but I've hardly used it

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got 10 commander service stars!

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I gave up being a thickie! I still don't understand carrier assault so I had better stick to conquest

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I gave up being a thickie! I still don't understand carrier assault so I had better stick to conquest
It's easy. First you play conquest for a short period of time and then you spawn on someone inside a big ship. After that you try to blow up some kind of ticket machines. And when you have, you just start all over again. Easy. ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Or sometimes you spawn on your carrier, watch a load of empty boats disappear. Swim to the nearest island. After finally making land after 20 mins swimming, get sniped by johnny no mates, whose been sitting by himself all day camping and taking pot shots at passerbys (pity poor johnny as he still hasnt fully understood that camping at the edge of the map doesnt win you the game). Finally make it to an island, watching all your medics run past you not bothering to revive your nearly dead body, just as your carriers been breached. Thankfully Johnny no mates is on hand to take out your head, freeing you up to spawn back at your carrier.

Spend 10 mins trying to navigate the samey corridors, watching one of your points be destroyed, only to open up a door, by yourself, in to a room full of the opposition. Whilst waiting to redeploy, weep loudly into your hands whilst the rest of your side is still dicking about on islands, rather than defend their own carrier, spawning only to die seconds later by johnny no mates who spied you through the opening of the ship.

Congratulations! Youve just completed your first round of carrier assault.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd have been dead set on having a snipe off with Johnny no mates myself. The last snipe off I had was on BFBC2. Mr Plax and I spent most of the game having a snipe off with 2 snipers on the other team. It was quite entertaining and like an unspoken game within the game where we had an unspoken unofficial meeting point for handbags and chocolate biscuits.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Plaxinator It's great when that kind of "friendships" pops up! :)

Sometimes, when I get killed a lot of the same player, I text him with a smiley and a "please stop it" message. Always gets good response on those...

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Plaxinator It's great when that kind of "friendships" pops up! :)

Sometimes, when I get killed a lot of the same player, I text him with a smiley and a "please stop it" message. Always gets good response on those...
I actually made a BFBC2 xbox friend like that. He kept killing me in novel ways. Repair tool, knife, medic paddles, UAV etc. So we had a bit of message banter and a laugh.