The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Vita COD Black Ops Declassified

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Slaine, 13 Nov 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    My son got this today. Best of all, no online pass or stupid Vita DRM where you have to clear the card save to allow another gamer to play it.

Bloody good, and the controls are really responsive. A quick look on playstation.co.uk and noone else seems to have it. Any of you fellow Vita owners going to get this?

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Maybe in a few months when I have some cash ;)

3. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Well i can't comment on the vita version but a whole lot of us have taken the plunge with it's big brother.

It is sooo much better than previous incarnations (well the maps are) but the servers last night were bloody awful. :x

Heck, even die hard UC3 and K/Z3 fans shroud and clarky took the plunge, and so far they seem to be impressed :o

4. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    How did you know my name was Dai Hard? :lol:

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ive heard nothing but good things about the latest COD. In fact, a lot of reviews are claiming its the best one yet. High compliments indeed.

6. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    I'm gonna get it but have to wait a bit been an expensive month for me ,gonna need another memory card first with uncharted free next week

7. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I did enjoy it, exposed me to a couple of new types of game mode I've not previously experienced. One was where your gun changed every 45 seconds, which threw you, but great fun. Maps were good, there were some issues on the servers, but hopefully that'll be sorted out soon.

8. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Don't know about it being the best one but it is much better than the last three.

it would seem that they've actually put a bit of effort into the maps this time as on the whole they are pretty interesting and keep the game moving at a brisk pace.

I've read quite a few of the reviews and i think that they are pretty fair, my only real gripe at the moment is that the servers were woefully inadequate yesterday.
    i got so frustrated that i turned it off to go and watch some telly.
    It is just another fps though but what makes it so good are the custom games,if there's enough of you these games are superb

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I had a quick go on the 360 version and feel it's just the same as the last 3 still in two minds whether to get it for the PS3 :-\ heard late on yesterday they started having server issues.

10. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Nah, never thought a FPS would work very well on a handheld. Is it any good? Does it have multiplayer and stuff?

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Its 8 player with comms. Works really well. The main singleplayer is a series of Spec Ops mini missions. Still good, but not as large as its older brothers main campaign.

12. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator

Mmmmmm, doesn't sound like my cup of tea to be honest. Do you get full multiplayer games on it? Wouldn't have thought it would be very popular.

13. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    I played on a friends tonight and had a couple of games and was impressed with playing cod multiplayer on a handheld the only thing is the price I checked around and cheapest I found was £40 which I thought was a bit steep when other vita games are around £30 especially if slaine said single player is toned down ,may still get it though