• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Child of Light

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Tomorrow! Anybody else excited?

There are some lovely reviews kicking around though the only thing that puzzles me is that there doesn't appear to be online co-op, which is a shame, especially given it is cross-buy.

Last edited:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having just watched the Driveclub trailer, I think this may be my last PS3 purchase & even then it is Cross-buy.

There are far too many good RPGs for the Vita & enough stuff to keep me going in my back catalogue & PS+.

Only decision now is whether or not to sell the phat PS3 with Continuous Play policy or get rid of the slightly easier on power consumption slim over summer!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really know much about this game! There is a review here on Eurogamer who give it 8/10.

As for your PS3, whichever you decide to get rid of, make sure you keep the other when you get a PS4 so you can benefit from PS Plus on both consoles. :)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might be getting it. Its had some really good reviews

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it looks amazing & I'm glad Ubisoft have found another use for their engine because try as I might, I just can't relate to Rayman!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
IGN 9.3 / 10 review.

Slightly shorter than Ni no Kuni then!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive got the shopto.net special edition.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In your mitts already? Decent?
Nah, but hopefully today. Really looking forward to playing this beautiful game. So many good reviews.:woot::dance2::dance:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I never trust reviews, I normally YouTube game play footage and try to make my own decision.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I never trust reviews, I normally YouTube game play footage and try to make my own decision.
I think making an informed decision based on several sources/sources you trust to be best.

I have quite different tastes from many of my friends so can't always rely on their choices (otherwise I'd be playing Titanfall already!) however on certain areas, I'd trust them implicitly. In the former instance then reviews, footage & hands-on all play a valuable role.

And then there is the WAAAAANT factor.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cued up for downloading when home, wish I'd enabled the Remote Link to download it.

I take it the PS4 does all of that for you?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup!!;)

My shopto parcel hasn't turned up yet. I did order it only yesterday. Oh well.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah well. On my way home now.
Will start it downloading, check for any further GTA5 updates & then stick dinner on.
Should be done when food is!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive got the shopto.net special edition.
So what is in that? I noticed a few skins with various effects plus gems (for crafting no doubt). Should have guessed £11.99 seemed a little cheap but I am under the impression that they are required - more like timesaver/cash cow options.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's rather lovely btw. The Ubi-Art engine is a perfect fit.

Enjoying the combat system a lot, perfect for those with less of knee-jerk reactions!

I do have a feeling it will be over relatively quickly but am savoring what there is.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BTW I am loving it received box of special edition with poster and small artbook (which my 5 year old girl is enchanted by), what confused me was no disk, its a digital only download. But was not dissappointed with game, simple, elegant and intriguing. Loving it!