Chat system upgrade

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just updated that chat system to the latest version.

Two additional features in this are:

• There is a little smiley button to the right of the text input in both the chatroom and private chats. Clicking on this will show the smileys available to use. Clicking on these will enter them into the text input box. Of course you can still type them manually as before (which reminds me, I must sort out the smileys so they match in chat and on the forums).
  • Chat rooms can now be popped out (in the same way that private chats could). When you are in the chat room, there is a new symbol in the top right (a box with an arrow pointing out of it). Click on this to pop out the chat window. Using this means you can use the chat even when browsing through pages on the website, when looking at pages on other websites and you can even close this website and still use the chat!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is the chatroom used much?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Still doesn't work via mobile :(

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
Will try now, you got the 4.2 update?

**edit**

Nope, you hit enter like on mobile and it goes to the second line.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Curious....are you sure you made this live?

Oh and yes the chat room is used a fair bit. I use it quite a bit during the day to keep me entertained during work but it's particularly useful when trying to organise things in games where the comms aren't particularly sufficient.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, it is live, I tested it last night when Ian was on.

You might need to refresh your cache if you can't see the pop-out and smiley buttons. For those on Windows it's ctrl+F5 to do this, not sure what it is on a Mac.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
Still doesn't work via mobile :(
The popout chat does (on my HTC Desire) although it's far from perfect as it requires you to log into the site before visiting the chatroom URL, it's unskinned and also doesn't handle mobile page layout very nicely. Still it's getting there and with a bit of work I could push some theming and login controls into it. Although I'd also obfuscate the URL so that it becomes merely seniorgamers.net/chat rather than the long string it is currently.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
works fine with my standard HTC imput but not with my swiftkey