• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Can't get on!

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Says lost connection to ea server! I tried a few different things but nothing doing! I see a few of us are playing battlefield and I've just downloaded a game from ps store so I am sure it's not my connection, quite odd!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PSN maintenance, so if you weren't on in time then you won't get on.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really frustrating night , Nowhere did it say that there was mantainance . When I checked the sony sites it said everything was fine , no problems with the network. So you start checking your connections, re setting router and generally get frustrated thinking there is something wrong with your connection. Herman did confirm via PM that there were network problems so i just called it a night.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The PS4 does come up with a message saying that PSN is down for maintenance.

But once again as a gaming platform my PS4 was entirely useless, not a single thing i've downloaded would boot up :(

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When I went on yesterday it said "maintenance" but I could get on. Probably as the last one...

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

But once again as a gaming platform my PS4 was entirely useless, not a single thing i've downloaded would boot up :(
Awww, is that why you weren't on? We thought you were cleaning your house ready for tonights entertaining ;)

It had that message for me as well, but I stubbornly carried on and got on fine. Had some good games with @Plaxinator, @Bogus4Real and @Bloodfairy too! :)
Yep, I got the PSN maintenance message and did the famous IT recommendation of turning it on and off again. Second time I logged on with no problems and had a good night of BF4 goodness. Even if my wine was shite. Well upset my gaming mojo that.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Not a single thing, I played stick it to the man and fez despite nor being connected to psn ?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not a single thing, I played stick it to the man and fez despite nor being connected to psn ?
I think Sony just hates me....although I must admit I don't have Fez and I didn't try Stick it to the Man.

We thought you were cleaning your house ready for tonights entertaining ;)
Did that today, house is currently spotless but I don't think the entertainment will happen after all :(

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think Sony just hates me....although I must admit I don't have Fez and I didn't try Stick it to the Man.

Did that today, house is currently spotless but I don't think the entertainment will happen after all :(
Well, if it transpires that you cleaned your house for nothing then you know where all the cool kids will be hanging out tonight. We shall welcome you with open arms and then stab you in the back if the opportunity presents itself. Rock on 8-)