Can I dip a toe in the water please?

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:
Just to be clear, would the headset solve my main problem which is sound from the other tv being picked up on my mic and transferred to everyone else in the game, or is the recommendation of a surround sound headset based only on the quality of the sound they deliver to you ears, because I do not have a problem with hearing the sounds from the game or hearing other people on the headset, what bothers me is that the tv at the other end of the room is disturbing my fellow players by bleeding onto their comms.

the Astro's have, and i quote:- A noise cancelling microphone that is electrically grounded and uni directional, the A40 microphone boom isolates your voice, regardless of background noise to provide crystal clear voice comms.

that's the official description given but i can confirm that the mic is particularly sensitive, i've had to move it so it's not directly in front of my mouth as people thought i was giving them pervy heavy breathing on account of my asthma :lol:

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
As we're all feeling Yinkin's love it's an easy add to the Allies group. Revive you later on Killzone, I presume?

EDIT : I can't answer the surround headphones question but I can attest to Col's dulcet warm tones caressing my inner ear with na a sign of his favourite romcom in the background.
No, it shall be I who will be reviving you on killzone later, admittedly after dropping a grenade at your feet first probably.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't have ANY background noise when playing. My kids are in bed and my wife is generally upstairs and all the tidying up has already been done. So you can't judge sounds cancelling on the Sharkoons off me at all.

Unlike the official headset though you can adjust the mic pickup properly and the boom is fully adjustable so you can have it pointed towards the back of your head or halfway down your throat.

I haven't noticed any bad background noise from the people I know who have this headset and I know it has noise cancelling, but I thought that was a feature on ALL modern day gaming headsets.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have made a decision, I have requested OAP that I am made a chum.

Please may I formally request Asylum in SNR.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:

:woot: :bow: :clap: :mrgreen:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You know It makes sense. :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
yinkin said:
I must say that I am surprised but it is a pleasant surprise. :D

yinkin said:
I don't think he'll be joining us as a full member. ;)

I see that you are still 'blue' over there so I guess they have yet to respond to your request. However, I don't see any point in waiting if full membership is what you want.

Welcome, [SNR] Yinkin! :waving: I hope that wearing the [SNR] tag will fill you with pride (we'll do our best to make this place somewhere that members feel happy to be a part of). I'll chuck you a Killzone 3 clan invite if you remove yourself from your current clan on there. You can also find our BF3 clan here.

See you online soon. :1thumbup:

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well done Yinkin :waving:

yet another sensible voice in the wilderness ;)

Hope you have a happier time here

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For the record I was not unhappy in OAP, although there was sometimes an unpleasant undercurrent, but the people I play games with most are here, so its seems a better fit all in all. Thankyou for taking me in.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Yinkin :waving:

Great to have you on board the good ship SNR. :1thumbup: Now, start saving for the those fabby sounding headphones so we can hear you more. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR mate. make yourself at home.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome New SNR BF3 server is up if BF3 tickles your fancy :)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome