Multi Call Of Duty Black Ops 2

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good news!!!

When its released, apparently Elite will be free to use for everyone. The map packs will then be purchased either by a season pass or separately.

And best of all, buy Black Ops on the Vita and the US get Call of Duty: Roads to Victory for free. Its hoped the same will happen here, otherwise I predict trouble ahead.....

Wont be getting either of these till Xmas though. Anyone else getting these?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Cracking video of the new features too.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Watched some of the gameplay at the Eurogamer Expo. Can't say I was impressed, it looked like your character was moving around on a skateboard with jerky movement when you turned from side-to-side, unlike the more natural running and turning movements on BF3. I also saw the sniper being used, it was awful - up, scope, shoot, kill all in one swift movement.

It'll take some serious convincing for me to even consider getting this and it's likely that I'll just stick with BF3.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Not a huge cod fan but can people who are getting this or have it comment here, if the numbers are good I'm gonna get it for Christmas. If you get PSN, XBL points or XBL Subscription from tesco they sell you Black Ops 2 for £25 on either platform.

**Offer Ends 18-11-12**

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got it on ps3 not tried yet though gonna try later

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I got this, still enjoying KZ and UC but was looking for something different, and BF3 didn't do it for me.

I liked it, died more times than I care to mention, maps seem well balanced, great choice of game modes, some I'd not encountered before. All the guns seem on par for the type you prefer (sniper, shotgun, semi-auto etc). You level you gun up as you keep using it.

Zombie mode was OK, however the main game is much better. Only played the first two levels on the campaign, again OK, a little confusing a couple of times. In short definately worth a blast, so far much more preferable to BF3.

Hope this helps :D .

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
SHROUD said:
great choice of game modes, .
Yep! you can spend a whole evening playing this and still not play the same game mode twice if you include the custom games.

Something for everyone

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Just bought it but won't get it until Christmas :lol: so see you guys then ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had no plans to get this but i've heard it's actually not just the same game churned out with new maps.

I'll wait to hear the fallout from people who aren't fans of the series to see what they think and may join JK with that one at Christmas.....absolutely can't afford another game at the moment though after both Borderlands and Need for Speed.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I have far too many games and not enough time to play :( multi platform is a nightmare lol

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Had a shit night on this last night until I did this ;)

**edit** I got it on 360 as all my mates play on this, won't be doing campaign until I play on ps3 at crimbo

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So they still (how many YEARS down the line?) haven't made the netcode any better.

So you STILL can't just game with your mates, you have to search for public games with that setting to get good performance.

See this is what I don't get about this game, it's completely anti-social, you simply can't play this game consistently with friends and get a good experience.

That's one of many issues I have with this game that I forget about between releases, the shooting through walls with any weapon without the wall showing any damage also annoys me and the intentional unbalancing issue that rewards players who have time to get good at the game by giving them better weapons and attachments.

Unless I can basically get this game for free it's not gonna happen, because even then I can't simply play with my friends.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
It's basically the same as all the others Col its not overly bad but there was a few players with the clan tag USAD (i think) and my mate said there Saudi Arabians. The lag was unbelievable and the kill cam showed them shooting 3 foot either side of me. Still was nice to play some fast paced heart pumping action rather then the slower pace of BF3.

My mate is a huge cod fan he likes the new maps and guns, but that's basically all that's new. Like I said in a post above I got it for £25 for Christmas.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dont bother watching the american play on COD. All it says is search for a game that has the BEST connection and you get less lag.

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
by maczone35 » 15 Nov 2012 20:33

CaptainSlow77 wrote:Having some connection issues tonight - Unable to join public matches, joining parties also had a few issues.

Fecking server was really bad last night, and this afternoon could only get into mercenaries games,
TD was looped in the "matching/need more players" cycle.

Anyway I decided to check the elite support pages for info and got the port forwarding info, and added them to my router.
So I hope it will help tonight when I will have a longer stint, as I'm not up early.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PlayStation 3
Be sure that your PlayStation 3 is not behind a router/firewall.
If it is not possible to disable or remove the router/firewall,
you will need to open/forward the ports for your game.
Your game transmits and receives network traffic on ports 81, 3074, 3075, 3478 UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
and ports 80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
The exact details on opening/forwading a port is specific to your router.
For more information check with the router documentation or manufacturer.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having now played this for a couple of days, really enjoying it. There were a couple of occassions admittedly where the servers were completely shite, but the new update seems to have addressed this. Not having played a COD game since the very first one on PC back in 2003, I wasn't sure what to expect.

The number of different game types is impressive, you do die quick but this was the same with KZ2. Still getting around what seems to be the endless possibilities for your weapon/perk selection. However I have worked out I hate the crossbow.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Just watched some match streaming of this game its not bad, has around 15 minute delay, although I think it depends on when you start watching. It can only be done in league mode.

I have played it on 360 but not tried streaming, can't wait to get my ps3 version on Christmas day :)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
See you there matey :D . Only a meager rank 29 at the moment.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Some catching up to do in the new year :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
So there's a prestige glitch already out there and I also read this

"Along with the Prestige glitch, there's been growing discontent with the netcode and in particular, lag compensation."