The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Call Of Duty Black Ops 2

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Slaine, 16 Oct 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Good news!!!

When its released, apparently Elite will be free to use for everyone. The map packs will then be purchased either by a season pass or separately.

And best of all, buy Black Ops on the Vita and the US get Call of Duty: Roads to Victory for free. Its hoped the same will happen here, otherwise I predict trouble ahead.....

Wont be getting either of these till Xmas though. Anyone else getting these?

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

Cracking video of the new features too.

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Watched some of the gameplay at the Eurogamer Expo. Can't say I was impressed, it looked like your character was moving around on a skateboard with jerky movement when you turned from side-to-side, unlike the more natural running and turning movements on BF3. I also saw the sniper being used, it was awful - up, scope, shoot, kill all in one swift movement.

It'll take some serious convincing for me to even consider getting this and it's likely that I'll just stick with BF3.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Not a huge cod fan but can people who are getting this or have it comment here, if the numbers are good I'm gonna get it for Christmas. If you get PSN, XBL points or XBL Subscription from tesco they sell you Black Ops 2 for £25 on either platform.

**Offer Ends 18-11-12**

5. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    I got it on ps3 not tried yet though gonna try later

6. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I got this, still enjoying KZ and UC but was looking for something different, and BF3 didn't do it for me.

I liked it, died more times than I care to mention, maps seem well balanced, great choice of game modes, some I'd not encountered before. All the guns seem on par for the type you prefer (sniper, shotgun, semi-auto etc). You level you gun up as you keep using it.

Zombie mode was OK, however the main game is much better. Only played the first two levels on the campaign, again OK, a little confusing a couple of times. In short definately worth a blast, so far much more preferable to BF3.

Hope this helps :D .

7. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Yep! you can spend a whole evening playing this and still not play the same game mode twice if you include the custom games.

Something for everyone

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Just bought it but won't get it until Christmas :lol: so see you guys then ;)

9. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I had no plans to get this but i've heard it's actually not just the same game churned out with new maps.

I'll wait to hear the fallout from people who aren't fans of the series to see what they think and may join JK with that one at Christmas.....absolutely can't afford another game at the moment though after both Borderlands and Need for Speed.

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I have far too many games and not enough time to play :( multi platform is a nightmare lol

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Had a shit night on this last night until I did this ;)

**edit** I got it on 360 as all my mates play on this, won't be doing campaign until I play on ps3 at crimbo

12. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    So they still (how many YEARS down the line?) haven't made the netcode any better.

So you STILL can't just game with your mates, you have to search for public games with that setting to get good performance.

See this is what I don't get about this game, it's completely anti-social, you simply can't play this game consistently with friends and get a good experience.

That's one of many issues I have with this game that I forget about between releases, the shooting through walls with any weapon without the wall showing any damage also annoys me and the intentional unbalancing issue that rewards players who have time to get good at the game by giving them better weapons and attachments.

Unless I can basically get this game for free it's not gonna happen, because even then I can't simply play with my friends.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    It's basically the same as all the others Col its not overly bad but there was a few players with the clan tag USAD (i think) and my mate said there Saudi Arabians. The lag was unbelievable and the kill cam showed them shooting 3 foot either side of me. Still was nice to play some fast paced heart pumping action rather then the slower pace of BF3.

My mate is a huge cod fan he likes the new maps and guns, but that's basically all that's new. Like I said in a post above I got it for £25 for Christmas.

14. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Dont bother watching the american play on COD. All it says is search for a game that has the BEST connection and you get less lag.

15. Maczone

Maczone Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    maczone35
    by maczone35 » 15 Nov 2012 20:33

CaptainSlow77 wrote:Having some connection issues tonight - Unable to join public matches, joining parties also had a few issues.

Fecking server was really bad last night, and this afternoon could only get into mercenaries games,
    TD was looped in the "matching/need more players" cycle.

Anyway I decided to check the elite support pages for info and got the port forwarding info, and added them to my router.
    So I hope it will help tonight when I will have a longer stint, as I'm not up early.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PlayStation 3
    Be sure that your PlayStation 3 is not behind a router/firewall.
    If it is not possible to disable or remove the router/firewall,
    you will need to open/forward the ports for your game.
    Your game transmits and receives network traffic on ports 81, 3074, 3075, 3478 UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
    and ports 80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
    The exact details on opening/forwading a port is specific to your router.
    For more information check with the router documentation or manufacturer.

16. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Having now played this for a couple of days, really enjoying it. There were a couple of occassions admittedly where the servers were completely shite, but the new update seems to have addressed this. Not having played a COD game since the very first one on PC back in 2003, I wasn't sure what to expect.

The number of different game types is impressive, you do die quick but this was the same with KZ2. Still getting around what seems to be the endless possibilities for your weapon/perk selection. However I have worked out I hate the crossbow.

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Just watched some match streaming of this game its not bad, has around 15 minute delay, although I think it depends on when you start watching. It can only be done in league mode.

I have played it on 360 but not tried streaming, can't wait to get my ps3 version on Christmas day :)

18. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    See you there matey :D . Only a meager rank 29 at the moment.

19. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Some catching up to do in the new year :D

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    So there's a prestige glitch already out there and I also read this

"Along with the Prestige glitch, there's been growing discontent with the netcode and in particular, lag compensation."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice