The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Burnout Paradise HD reports gather pace

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by Martok, 5 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Flagged for March release.

Burnout Paradise, Criterion's excellent open world racer from 2008, looks set to make a triumphant return.

Several reports have now pencilled in an HD re-release for launch in March, likely for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Last night, the reliable Gematsu reported on a Japanese retailer listing for "Burnout Paradise HD Remaster (title tentative)" on 16th March for 4104 yen (about £26).

It follows a similar sighting in Brazil last month, when PS4 and Xbox One editions of the racer popped up with a 1st March launch date via a local retailer (as spotted by Gamepress.br).

There's no word on what - if anything - will be updated for the new version, or if it will just be a straight port.

Regardless, we're huge fans of Burnout Paradise and Criterion's series in general, which has been gone for far too long. Back in 2016 Christian Donlan revisited Paradise and deemed it "gaming perfection".

And what better time for EA to bring Burnout back, as the publisher's rival racer series Need for Speed now feels deader than it has ever done before.

We've asked EA for comment on the reports.

Can't wait to play it again? Burnout Paradise is already available for Xbox One via backwards compatibility.

Source: Burnout Paradise HD reports gather pace

2. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Like like like!

Oops, had a little sex wee.

ColSonders and zoob like this.
  3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    This is a launch day title for me, whether they do a straight port or fiddle with it. Favourite racing game of all time.

4. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    So I can finally ram you off the track then ;)

ColSonders likes this.
  5. Foundry37

Foundry37 Occasional Gamer

PSN:
    Foundry37
    Total launch day title for me! Definitely my favorite driving series.
    I haven't pre ordered a game since Resident Evil 2 back in 98. Burnout will be my next one.

IamNumber6 and ColSonders like this.
  6. farfromsane

farfromsane Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    farfromsane
    I have very fond memories of this game hell it was the first game I got a Plat Trophy for. I'd love to beat the game again

7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I would imagine it was the first Platinum for many people as they implemented trophy support in a patch for this game as trophies became a thing shortly after it's release I think.

My first platinum too, I had already 100% completed the game when trophy support was implemented and I didn't mind at all doing it all again.

8. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Yeah, think it was my first platinum as well. I remember restarting a new game save to get some trophies, so I think my profile has some trophies like drive though 5 billboards dated after something like drive through 20 billboards. Burnout is still up there as one of my favourite games ever, along with BFBC2.

ColSonders and Spruijt like this.
  9. Spruijt

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt

Oh yes baby! Roll on March 16th

Martok likes this.
  10. Foundry37

Foundry37 Occasional Gamer

PSN:
    Foundry37
    Very excited!

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Burnout Paradise Remastered is real and coming to Xbox One and PS4 next month
    In 4K at 60FPS on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

EA has announced that its much-rumoured remaster of developer Criterion's classic Burnout Paradise is real and coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on March 16th.

Burnout Paradise Remastered, as it's imaginatively titled, includes the original base game and the eight add-on packs released back in 2009. That's Cops and Robbers, Legendary Cars, Burnout Bikes, Burnout Paradise Toys, Burnout Paradise Party, Boost Specials, and Cagney, plus the Big Surf Island expansion, which brought the titular landmass to the core map.

EA says that Burnout Paradise Remastered will feature a variety of technical enhancements on console, including high resolution textures and the option to experience Paradise City in 4K at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Burnout Paradise Remastered will be available in both digital and physical forms and will cost £34.99 when it launches on console this March. It's also due to arrive on PC via Origin "later this year". Unlike the Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box which is currently on Steam, however, the new PC remaster will include the previously console-only Big Surf Island expansion.

Full details on all versions can be found on the official Burnout Paradise Remastered website.

If you've yet to experience Criterion's classic Burnout Paradise, you might find Christian Donlan's effusive words from a few years back to be a handy primer.

Source: Burnout Paradise Remastered is real and coming to Xbox One and PS4 next month

Spruijt likes this.
  12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
  13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Open-world arcade racer Burnout Paradise Remastered roars onto PS4 on 16th March at 60fps
    Race across Paradise City, Big Surf Island in a vehicular roster that includes Legendary Cars and Burnout Bikes

Hello there PlayStation fans! As always, it’s great to be back here on PS Blog and today I’m incredibly excited to share with you the news that Burnout Paradise Remastered is coming to PlayStation 4 on 16th March. Did we mention it’ll be running in 4K at 60FPS?

If you’ve played Burnout Paradise previously you’ll no doubt have fond memories of the first time you got behind the wheel of classic cars such as the Hunter Cavalry, Carson Fastback, Jansen X12 and the Montgomery Hawker.

[​IMG]

Maybe you have a soft spot for the toy versions of the Hunter Manhattan, Krieger WTR, Carson GT Concept or the Carson Inferno van? Perhaps you enjoy cruising around Paradise City on two wheels as opposed to four.

[​IMG]

Be honest now, how many of you owned the Jansen P12 Diamond?

Whatever your choice of vehicle, Paradise City allows you to tear it up in the ultimate driving playground. Race across hectic downtown avenues all the way up to the wild mountain roads and relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction that Burnout series has become synonymous with.

[​IMG]

But what better way to play than with friends? Burn rubber and shred metal across the open roads of Paradise City while discovering jumps, stunts and shortcuts. Wreck your friends online and collect their mugshots or join forces to demolish hundreds of online challenges.

[​IMG]

Break the rules and crash anywhere at any time. Tear up the rulebook and set speed and destruction records all over town. Send your car launching, spinning and barrel rolling through the city. Leave a trail of destruction in your rear-view mirror, wherever you go and whenever you want.

[​IMG]

What’s in the box? I’m glad you asked!
    • Burnout Paradise Base Game
    • Big Surf Island
    • Party Pack
    • Burnout Bikes
    • Boost Special
    • Legendary Cars
    • Cagney Update
    • Toys
    • Cops & Robbers Pack
    We’ll see you in Paradise City!

Source: Open-world arcade racer Burnout Paradise Remastered roars onto PS4 on 16th March at 60fps

14. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    zoob likes this.
  15. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    That's a decent price too.

ColSonders likes this.
  16. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Personally I think it's overpriced considering it's not a complete graphics overhaul or any new features as far as I can see. Shadow of the Colossus is £29.99 and that was a full-on remaster.

17. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    It has all of the add-on content though and will last a lot longer than SotC in terms of play length.

Personally though, I'm more interested in Onrush...

18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    That's Electronic Arts for you.

I believe the pricing is around the right place....being fanatical about the game I would have happily paid more and been happy that I'm getting good value for money in comparison to most new games these days.

Should be able to pick it up cheaper if you don't want digital download though for those who only want one copy of the game.

I have to say i'm really excited about being able to play this again, with the additional of reliable comms thanks to party chat on PS4 and obviously the higher resolution will be nice too.....it gives hope for the series being revived from the dead to replace Need For Speed as EA's main racing franchise....shame the developers from the Burnout games have all left EA's employment.

Spruijt and Plaxinator like this.
  19. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I've finally got round to pre-ordering this. Amazon has disc version for £34.99, so I went digital in the end. Sorry @Martok but I got a £35 PSN voucher from ElectronicFirst for £31.99 in the end. CD Keys kept saying that my payment was declined by the processor, and it did this to me a few months ago as well.

EDIT - typical, it has gone down to £30 on Amazon now!

#19 Plaxinator, 6 Mar 2018
    Last edited: 6 Mar 2018
    Spruijt likes this.
  20. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Another fine example of early adopters getting shafted :roll:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice