• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel coming soon

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Witness Handsome Jack's rise to power, play as Claptrap

More Borderlands? Yes please! 2K just announced Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, a new entry in the awesome/ridiculous/ridiculously-awesome FPS series from Gearbox. It takes place between Borderlands 1 and 2, and explores the rise of the latter’s charmingly sadistic villain: Handsome Jack. Oh, and it’s on the moon.

Offensive opportunities will be plentiful, with new laser-based and “Cryo” weapons joining the already gargantuan armoury present on Pandora, and you can play as one of four new characters – including Claptrap.

Read on for full details about Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, straight from 2K.

Handsome Jack is back with a whole new cast of playable characters and he’s taking you to the moon of Pandora in the next standalone AAA game in 2K’s best-selling franchise – Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. 2K announced today that the game is being co-developed by Gearbox Software and 2K Australia, and will be available later this fall for PlayStation 3. See, aren’t you glad you kept your PS3!?

Narratively, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel takes place between the original Borderlands game and Borderlands 2. For the very first time, you’ll play on the other side as four new playable characters fighting alongside Handsome Jack, and you’ll witness Jack’s transformation into the megalomaniacal tyrant that you loved to hate in Borderlands 2.

Fans of the franchise will no doubt remember some of these characters from past games. There’s Athena – The Gladiator, Wilhelm – The Enforcer, Nisha – The Lawbringer, and Claptrap – The Fragtrap. That’s right, you can play as THE Claptrap! Oh, and did we mention that you’re fighting on the moon!?

Pandora’s moon is called Elpis, and it’s inhabited by a whole bunch of new baddies – Scavengers, Lunatics, giant bandits in 70s-era NASA spacesuits – you know, the type you’d enjoy blasting off the surface of the moon. And that’s just it, because you’re off of Pandora, gravity is different and so is the atmosphere.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel has an all-new oxygen system that not only allows you to breathe in the moon’s zero-atmosphere environments, it gives you an oxygen-powered jetpack that enables you to perform insanely long moon jumps, or even double jumps. Combining your double jump with the crouch button performs a ground-pounding slam that deals area of effect damage, and can also deal crazy elemental damage.

Oxygen is a lootable resource just like ammo, which has been plentiful in past Borderlands games, so you don’t have to fear that you’ll run out.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a Borderlands game without gazillions of new guns, but not just guns, all-new weapon and elemental damage types. In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, you’ll shoot ‘n’ loot with laser guns – the type that ‘pew pew’ like in Star Wars, and the type that shoot continuous beams like in Ghostbusters. You’ll also freeze bandits in their place and shatter them into hundreds of bloody pieces using an array of Cryo weapons. Cryo is an all-new elemental damage type, and the combination of fire from laser and ice from Cryo has us itching to jump back into Borderlands.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

For any of you hoping for a Borderlands game on the PS4, it may not be viable according to Randy Pickford in this article on CVG. He doesn't think there are enough next gen consoles and hence demand on these and believes it's still on the last gen consoles.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So is this a full on proper sequel or a gap filling spin off. Not sure I really need a new Borderlands yet and this seems a little bit far off the beaten track.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's now a video which I've added to the Media Gallery.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So is this a full on proper sequel or a gap filling spin off. Not sure I really need a new Borderlands yet and this seems a little bit far off the beaten track.
It says the next standalone AAA game so I'm assuming it's a fully fledged game.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/game/borderlands-the-presequel#videos

Shoot 'n' loot your way through a brand new adventure that rockets you onto Pandora's moon in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, coming this Fall for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC! - What, NO PS4?

Discover the story behind Borderlands 2’s villain, Handsome Jack, and his rise to power in this brand new game in the Borderlands series. Taking place between the original Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the Pre-Sequel gives you a whole lotta new gameplay featuring the genre fusion of shooter and RPG gameplay that players can’t get enough of.

Get high in low gravity and launch across the moonscape to take enemies down from above using new ice and laser weapons. Catch-a-ride on the lunar landscape with new vehicles equipped with deadly weapons allowing for more levels of destructive mayhem.

So grab a friend (or two, or three), strap on a rocket, and take off on a brand new Borderlands adventure.
The Borderlands series has always been one of my favorite go to FPS set of games on the PC.

Is anyone going to bother playing any of the other characters when the mono wheeled lunatic CLAPTRAP is now a playable character?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@IamNumber6 merged your thread with an existing one. :)

I doubt I will be getting this. I haven't finished the DLC on Borderlands 2 yet. I'll also not be buying any more games for the PS3.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass detailed
Save 25 per cent off four expansions.

Borderlands developer 2K has revealed the Season Pass for its upcoming shooter prequel, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Like Borderlands 2's Season Pass, the Pre-Sequel will cover four add-on packs, each consisting of new missions, characters and challenges. Each will cost $9.99 (about £7) a la carte, but the Season Pass offers a 25 per cent savings with a price of $29.99 (around £20).

Pre-orders for the Pre-Sequel at participating retailers will come with the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit bonus content. This isn't included in the Season Pass, but will be available for purchase at a later date. To see if your retailer of choice grants this perk, check out the official Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel pre-order page.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is due out on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on 17th October in Europe and 14th October in North America.

Source: Eurogamer