Multi Borderlands 2's leaked DLC that links to Borderlands 3 can now be downloaded for free

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It'll cost you Zer0 (for now).

Here it is: courtesy of the Microsoft E3 conference, we now have some official details on the leaked Borderlands 2 DLC - including confirmation the DLC does indeed bridge the gap between Borderlands 2 and 3.

Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary is available for download right now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. As was hinted in the Steam page leak, the DLC is going to be free (sort of) for owners of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. The catch is you'll only have until 9th July (7:59am BST) to snag this, as from then on it will cost £11.99 to purchase.

While there's nothing new in terms of story description and the level cap raise that wasn't already leaked, the press release does confirm the DLC "sets the stage for Borderlands 3's release". The new trailer adds some colour, at least - and shows off the DLC's villain along with some familiar faces.

In any case, the pesky Steam page that really spilled the beans is now up again, so head on over there to download the DLC while it's still free.

Source:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you have Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (which you should have as it's free this month on PS Plus) then make sure you update the game before 9th July to get the DLC for free.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
So I need to download the game just to get the DLC for Borderlands 2. Can't warrant the space for a DLC really.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So I need to download the game just to get the DLC for Borderlands 2. Can't warrant the space for a DLC really.
Depends on whether you want to play the game again, really.

@HaloJ and I have never played the pre-sequel so we were happy to install the game. We may play Borderlands 2 as well.

I've just checked and it seems the DLC is available to download separately!

So it might be that you have to download it rather than just update the game.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's just over a 5GB download and recommended level 30.
I'm only 29 and gave it a quick spin solo last night.
Was making progress but mostly thanks to my turret!