PS3 Borderlands 2 Season Pass

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In case you aren't aware, there is a Borderlands Season Pass in the PSN Store. This costs £19.99 and will get you the 4 story DLC packs (for the price of 3). As I loved the first game and bought all the DLC and thought they were worth it, I'll likely purchase this especially as HaloJ & I can share it.

It does appear though that there will also be DLC that isn't included in the Season Pass, as details in this Eurogamer article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-24-borderlands-2-season-pass-upcoming-character-vehicle-dlc

Borderlands 2 character, vehicle DLC coming separately to Season Pass

By Tom Phillips
Published 24 September, 2012

First campaign DLC already "extremely far along".

Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox has hinted at several upcoming DLC packs which won't be covered by the game's Season Pass.

Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford explained that additional DLC will include additional characters, like the already-revealed Mechromancer.

"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC. The additional character (Mechromancer) is one kind of example," Pitchford said in a reader Q&A on Kotaku, and added that more characters were "likely".

"Since we finished the game, we've started with some new ideas that we expect will show up in DLC. Some new vehicle types are on-deck - [it's] awesome stuff."

Borderlands 2's Season Pass, which costs about £20 depending on your plaform of choice, merely covers the game's four major expansions.

"The stuff we're planning and working on for the Campaign DLC Season Pass is big DLC stuff - more like [Borderlands 1 expansion] Knoxx.

"We're extremely far along with the first campaign DLC," Pitchford concluded. "The second DLC is also in amazing shape. The third DLC is a little farther out and the fourth DLC is just in the pre-concept stages."
The Mechromancer is free to those who preordered the game.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like i'll be getting all my DLC for this game free again then. Woot!

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:

?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
ColSonders said:

?
My mate bought all the Borderlands 1 DLC, which I then downloaded off his account.

He'll be doing the same with this game and i'll be logging onto his account and pinching it...again.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
HERMAN_JELMET said:
ColSonders said:

?
My mate bought all the Borderlands 1 DLC, which I then downloaded off his account.

He'll be doing the same with this game and i'll be logging onto his account and pinching it...again.
Stop thief :lol:

I'll be getting it all, how do you get your gearbox guns just I haven't put my code in yet?

Almost got 10 free golden keys yesterday from Randy Pitchford but was too slow :(

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
I'll be getting it all, how do you get your gearbox guns just I haven't put my code in yet?
Um, put your code in and then any new character you have will have a couple of starting weapons that'll see them through the first couple of levels.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I shall await details of what the dlc is first, the last games had some good stuff but some pretty monotonous stuff too. Mad Moxxi wasnt much fun, dr ned was good, knoxx was good and claptrap revolution was okay.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A tad early for me to be thinking about DLC. Wont be getting a season ticket, if I am still into the game when it comes out i'll get individual updates.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cripes, am I the only one that enjoyed Mad Moxxi's? I thought Knoxx was a grind with too much travelling but great loot and the other two were superb! Who can fault chunking hundreds of Claptraps?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
A tad early for me to be thinking about DLC. Wont be getting a season ticket, if I am still into the game when it comes out i'll get individual updates.
Unless the Season Pass has to be bought now then it might be worth considering the DLC schedule as and when the first one comes out and see how you're getting on. I feel a few people have let themselves pay more on BF3 by not getting the Premium package and if you're playing this game still when the DLC starts coming out and can see you continuing to play then it's got to be worth it.

I didn't really like Moxxi's Arena's on the last game, wouldn't have been happy had I paid money for it, but it was the biggest challenge out of the DLC packs...just not so much of a reward for doing it with there being no weapons to collect. Certainly the weak point in the DLC for me and I found the Knoxx DLC to be the complete opposite, LOADS of extra missions and stuff to do, lots of extra guns and looting opportunities and lets not forget Crawmerax!

I know i'll get the Season Pass, even if I can't account share with my mate i'll still get it, this is one of those games where you can have it all complete and if six months later another DLC comes out i'll happily pick it back up and get back into it.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
I didn't really like Moxxi's Arena's on the last game, wouldn't have been happy had I paid money for it, but it was the biggest challenge out of the DLC packs...just not so much of a reward for doing it with there being no weapons to collect.
You got a clutch of random weapons at the end of every round with the clutch getting better each round completed. The issue was you had to break cover and head for the middle to collect them. ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HaloJ said:
You got a clutch of random weapons at the end of every round with the clutch getting better each round completed. The issue was you had to break cover and head for the middle to collect them. ;)
The issue was the guns were rubbish.

Maybe because I was already max level (69?) and had ran through most of the Knoxx DLC and had great weapons anyway, but I wasn't even picking the guns up to sell, didn't ever see anything above a green gun and to be honest, if it's not Purple or above when you're max level then it's not worth looking at.

Hell I'm level 10-15 on B2 and I don't really look much at White/Green guns already.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
Jkrohn1 said:
Um, put your code in and then any new character you have will have a couple of starting weapons that'll see them through the first couple of levels.
So it's pretty useless then lol oh well :)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
ColSonders said:
Jkrohn1 said:
So it's pretty useless then lol oh well :)
Maybe not. We don't know when they are generated so putting in your code at level 15 for example may yield you level 15 weapons. Although that's a one time only thing as your next character will start with them.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I put my code In after I'd already started and the guns were useless for my level.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
I put my code In after I'd already started and the guns were useless for my level.
What lvl were they?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
:lol: classy

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thought I'd mention this in passing. My son & I (just for you Martok, as I always say me & my son ;) :lol: ) were playing split screen on the 360*. Hes got the Limited Edition, and he copied over all the saves etc to a memory stick and joined my game. Well, when he did lo & behold I got all the goodies too!! :shock: Not sure if this'll work on the PS3 version, but I thought I'd mention it in passing.

*Yes, yes I know its on the 360 and not on the PS3. Its the boys game and apparently 71% of the sales in the UK for Borderlands 2 were for the 360 (source - my lad & thesixthaxis apparently). I had no say in the purchase at all :roll: :cry: