The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Borderlands 2 Season Pass

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Martok, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    In case you aren't aware, there is a Borderlands Season Pass in the PSN Store. This costs £19.99 and will get you the 4 story DLC packs (for the price of 3). As I loved the first game and bought all the DLC and thought they were worth it, I'll likely purchase this especially as HaloJ & I can share it.

It does appear though that there will also be DLC that isn't included in the Season Pass, as details in this Eurogamer article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-2-season-pass-upcoming-character-vehicle-dlc

The Mechromancer is free to those who preordered the game.

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Looks like i'll be getting all my DLC for this game free again then. Woot!

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

?

4. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    My mate bought all the Borderlands 1 DLC, which I then downloaded off his account.

He'll be doing the same with this game and i'll be logging onto his account and pinching it...again.

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Stop thief :lol:

I'll be getting it all, how do you get your gearbox guns just I haven't put my code in yet?

Almost got 10 free golden keys yesterday from Randy Pitchford but was too slow :(

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Um, put your code in and then any new character you have will have a couple of starting weapons that'll see them through the first couple of levels.

7. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I shall await details of what the dlc is first, the last games had some good stuff but some pretty monotonous stuff too. Mad Moxxi wasnt much fun, dr ned was good, knoxx was good and claptrap revolution was okay.

8. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    A tad early for me to be thinking about DLC. Wont be getting a season ticket, if I am still into the game when it comes out i'll get individual updates.

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Cripes, am I the only one that enjoyed Mad Moxxi's? I thought Knoxx was a grind with too much travelling but great loot and the other two were superb! Who can fault chunking hundreds of Claptraps?

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Unless the Season Pass has to be bought now then it might be worth considering the DLC schedule as and when the first one comes out and see how you're getting on. I feel a few people have let themselves pay more on BF3 by not getting the Premium package and if you're playing this game still when the DLC starts coming out and can see you continuing to play then it's got to be worth it.

I didn't really like Moxxi's Arena's on the last game, wouldn't have been happy had I paid money for it, but it was the biggest challenge out of the DLC packs...just not so much of a reward for doing it with there being no weapons to collect. Certainly the weak point in the DLC for me and I found the Knoxx DLC to be the complete opposite, LOADS of extra missions and stuff to do, lots of extra guns and looting opportunities and lets not forget Crawmerax!

I know i'll get the Season Pass, even if I can't account share with my mate i'll still get it, this is one of those games where you can have it all complete and if six months later another DLC comes out i'll happily pick it back up and get back into it.

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    You got a clutch of random weapons at the end of every round with the clutch getting better each round completed. The issue was you had to break cover and head for the middle to collect them. ;)

12. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    The issue was the guns were rubbish.

Maybe because I was already max level (69?) and had ran through most of the Knoxx DLC and had great weapons anyway, but I wasn't even picking the guns up to sell, didn't ever see anything above a green gun and to be honest, if it's not Purple or above when you're max level then it's not worth looking at.

Hell I'm level 10-15 on B2 and I don't really look much at White/Green guns already.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    So it's pretty useless then lol oh well :)

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Maybe not. We don't know when they are generated so putting in your code at level 15 for example may yield you level 15 weapons. Although that's a one time only thing as your next character will start with them.

15. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I put my code In after I'd already started and the guns were useless for my level.

16. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    What lvl were they?

17. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
  18. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    :lol: classy

19. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
  20. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Thought I'd mention this in passing. My son & I (just for you Martok, as I always say me & my son ;) :lol: ) were playing split screen on the 360*. Hes got the Limited Edition, and he copied over all the saves etc to a memory stick and joined my game. Well, when he did lo & behold I got all the goodies too!! :shock: Not sure if this'll work on the PS3 version, but I thought I'd mention it in passing.

*Yes, yes I know its on the 360 and not on the PS3. Its the boys game and apparently 71% of the sales in the UK for Borderlands 2 were for the 360 (source - my lad & thesixthaxis apparently). I had no say in the purchase at all :roll: :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice