The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Blockbuster bites the dust

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mick, 16 Jan 2013.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
  2. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    I'll have a P45 please Bob

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    What I predicted when I posted about HMV. Shame but no surprise.

Companies like this need to offer more to survive, like customer service, special deals/rewards for customers, the chance to play before you pay etc. All they currently offer is the chance to pick up your game/movie there and then for a higher price than online. Many people will choose to wait for delivery if it saves them money.

4. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    I surprised blockbuster lasted so long to be honest with online rental and second hand games not as strong as they we're ,it's a shame because all my local shops have gone now I used to nip in every Friday to check what offers they had

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Last time I went in it was £5 to rent a film for 3 nights, I would prefer £2.50 and to stream it. Yes I single handedly made blockbuster go bust :D

6. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I was going to start buying all my games off them off them , but only bought two over the last few months as their prices were sometimes competative and sometimes not.
    I think that there will be a large flood of games going cheap fairly soon which benefits the consumer, but with the demise of these two large retailers (plus Play.com). I think more smaller shops who currently survive from selling used and older discounted games could soon follow and go out of business as their stocks will be hugely devalued by the glut of old games that will soon be on us.
    I'm panick selling this week. I've stuck a few games on Amazon to try to sell them off, believing that I might get a fair price over the next couple of week but prices are gonna plunge soon and we'll be seeing lots of used games for a quid and a lot of older new games available under a fiver.

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Ace I was gonna give you a load of my old games to sell for me. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice