Blockbuster bites the dust

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What I predicted when I posted about HMV. Shame but no surprise.

Companies like this need to offer more to survive, like customer service, special deals/rewards for customers, the chance to play before you pay etc. All they currently offer is the chance to pick up your game/movie there and then for a higher price than online. Many people will choose to wait for delivery if it saves them money.

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I surprised blockbuster lasted so long to be honest with online rental and second hand games not as strong as they we're ,it's a shame because all my local shops have gone now I used to nip in every Friday to check what offers they had

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Last time I went in it was £5 to rent a film for 3 nights, I would prefer £2.50 and to stream it. Yes I single handedly made blockbuster go bust :D

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was going to start buying all my games off them off them , but only bought two over the last few months as their prices were sometimes competative and sometimes not.
I think that there will be a large flood of games going cheap fairly soon which benefits the consumer, but with the demise of these two large retailers (plus Play.com). I think more smaller shops who currently survive from selling used and older discounted games could soon follow and go out of business as their stocks will be hugely devalued by the glut of old games that will soon be on us.
I'm panick selling this week. I've stuck a few games on Amazon to try to sell them off, believing that I might get a fair price over the next couple of week but prices are gonna plunge soon and we'll be seeing lots of used games for a quid and a lot of older new games available under a fiver.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Ace I was gonna give you a load of my old games to sell for me. :(