Big Garden Birdwatch 2014

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings one and all, over the last few months I've been project managing the Big Garden Birdwatch for the RSPB. After years of project managing and short listing for awards, I'm finally working on a project that is close to my heart. From today registration is live ahead of the main event itself on the weekend of 25th/26th Jan. In addition to a new website you can now do the bird count live from your mobile device of choice (you can still do the old fashioned paper count to).

More than happy for you to help support the wondrous work I've been involved with at www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch ;)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Who does this big garden belong too? Will there be enough seats for everyone? And will there be a barbecue?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got four indian runner ducks resident on my garden pond There used to be five, but one ended up as Christmas dinner.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You could have the BBQ in Ace's garden. He does after all have four ducks :lol:.

Joking aside, I'm properly chuffed with this, achieved a massive amount in a very short space of time (may have been some cursing on the odd day or two:roll:). A legacy that will be there for quite a while, and set the template for things to come :D.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
i signed up mr shroud

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Much appreciated Ace, thanking you kindly :D

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have just signed up @SHROUD....although we don't see many birds around here any more as our cat seems to have scared them away :(

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't have a garden, though I do have a big pole that the birds seem to love... :lol:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Daisy, perhaps you can make a note of how many birds your cat can catch in a day for the survey?

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone, genuinely appreciated. Zoob, Alien it doesn't matter how many/few you see, it's essentially a scientific survey to understand the state of our bird wildlife across the country.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone, genuinely appreciated. Zoob, Alien it doesn't matter how many/few you see, it's essentially a scientific survey to understand the state of our bird wildlife across the country.
Thought that was quite clear. SEAGULL INFESTATION!!!

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh my god Zoob, am so jealous of your view, it looks lovely there :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pretty much what @Plaxinator said, there's usually a seagull looking in my window or on our skylight!
Oh my god Zoob, am so jealous of your view, it looks lovely there :)
It's all about the sunsets & there is an even better view from the (flat) roof - we watched the sun rise after getting back from a Hogmanay party this year with a few shandies. If you look hard @Alien_Chick you can just about see the beach between the buildings in the shot above!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pretty much what @Plaxinator said, there's usually a seagull looking in my window or on our skylight!

It's all about the sunsets & there is an even better view from the (flat) roof - we watched the sun rise after getting back from a Hogmanay party this year with a few shandies. If you look hard @Alien_Chick you can just about see the beach between the buildings in the shot above!
Yes it does look lovely there you jammy git;):D

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
By the way no such bird as a 'Seagull' ;)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
theres Steven Seagull the grumpy faced martial arts guy

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know he's got long hair, but still not a bird :rofl: