• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi BF4 rubber band...

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
...bouncing back for more.

It would seem that Dice have finally admitted that there is a "rubber band" issue on the next gen console 64 player maps. They are starting to formulate a plan to get the problem resolved through a large upgrade of their servers.

This one isn't an April fool.

We wanted to provide a quick update on the issues with Battlefield 4 “rubber-banding” some players on certain platforms experienced during matches with 64-players.

Looking into this further, we’re unhappy with our server performance, so we’ll be upgrading the hardware as soon as possible, investing more to deliver a better experience.

As soon as we know the exact timetable, we’ll let you know the ETA. Reducing lag for these players is absolutely a TOP priority for us to solve and we expect to have the solution very soon.
Source : http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04/addressing-battlefield-4-rubber-banding-issues/

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You mean, they'll be upgrading their servers from ZX81s to ZX Spectrums? Or am I being hopeful and they're just adding a 16K RAM pack to the back of them?

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
...bouncing back for more.

It would seem that Dice have finally admitted that there is a "rubber band" issue on the next gen console 64 player maps. They are starting to formulate a plan to get the problem resolved through a large upgrade of their servers.

This one isn't an April fool.
It should be

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You mean, they'll be upgrading their servers from ZX81s to ZX Spectrums? Or am I being hopeful and they're just adding a 16K RAM pack to the back of them?
I heard it was to be an Apple IIe

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Didn't go on over the weekend, the new maps are awful with lag
I did try to join you guys earlier but it was just as bad as before, funny how the earlier maps seem largely un affected!

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Didn't go on over the weekend, the new maps are awful with lag
I did try to join you guys earlier but it was just as bad as before, funny how the earlier maps seem largely un affected!
Yeah, we put up with a few rounds before moving back to normal maps and kicking arse. :)

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is it fixed yet? Havnt been on in a couple of days...

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
^what he said lol

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You have to admit that it is a feature no other game currently has. So maybe they are moving away from the norm.....

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well as if rubber banding wasn't bad enough

Say hello to death Shield.

This is officially the last Battlefield I will be buying. To be honest I will probably buy little to no EA titles this gen. I have done nothing but struggle with this game and last time I played I mentioned this issue and it looks like it's been around for a while.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm considering retiring from this game myself after seeing that.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
well, I died trying to shoot threw one of these yesterday. I also experienced rubberbanding.
But this doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy the game very very much. It would be fantastic to experience a flawless BF4, but it is still the best shooter out there.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It would be fantastic to experience a flawless BF4, but it is still the best shooter out there.
It was great when it was fairly close to flawless.

I don't know if this glitch with revivable bodies has always been there or it's something that's been introduced with one of the many patches that have completely broken the game. But the game shortly after launch compared to now was as good as flawless. I've lost my faith in DICE, unlike with BF3 they don't seem to be making any real effort to address the issues with the game and I'm often struggling to get any enjoyment out of it, particularly when trying to actually accomplish something within the game such as an assignment or unlock.

It's time that DICE delivered the product we've all paid for.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Agreed. I have been very disappointed with how Bf4 plays. I prefer it to BF3 but only a little. When it works it's great but when the banding / judder starts it can be a complete arse.

Like others I will not be buying many if any EA games for at least the first couple of months to see if it's worth it. Was playing NFS:MS and it disconnected from autolog constantly. This was a problem in Paradise. Same code probably!

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just turned it on, straight into operation motar, 10 seconds later I quit the game! It's still fooking crap