PS4 BF4 - PS4 Game Update Dec 11

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We are rolling out a new game update on PS4. You might need to restart the game to have the update install. Change notes below. We are already working on the next update based on your feedback.

Dec 11 PS4 Game Update Notes
-General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4
-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
-Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition
-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
-Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
-Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain

Source.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Excellent stuff! I could have quoted that error message in my sleep only I''ve slept on it and can't remember.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Meh, still got the error message! Was that stoopid flood map anyway which I dislike.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This game is so broken It's not even funny - Lets hope they put some more time into the next one.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This game is so broken It's not even funny - Lets hope they put some more time into the next one.
Lets hope they fix this one!

To be honest it's not really acceptable, but look at BF3, that was just as broken, as have many games been on PS3 over the years, but once they're patched/fixed they're amazing games.

I'd rather put up with this sort of thing than still be playing Battlefield Bad Company 1 with slightly higher res graphics though....with all the problems on BF4 I still feel sorry for the guys and girls that buy CoD every year.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is still my favourite game. One of my friends has just got it for the 360, so hopefully the online is still going as I said I'd have a few games with him tonight.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I will try get on the weekend as I still have to plealltntdstayed my PS4 and miss you guys loandlll

Sorry if you can't understand the above I'm not retyping it, FYI @ColSonders i got Cod lol

@Martok will report the issues I'm having tonight when i get home.