• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi BF4 - Naval Strike Release date for Premium is 25/03

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From Matimo youtuvbe vid he mentions its for all platforms from 25th March for Premium players.

Trying to remember the PS3 game that had Riot Shields that you could wield with a handgun...Tom Clancy's Las Vegas something....????

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know you do this in one of the CODs

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I know you do this in one of the CODs
...Modern Warfare 2. Very irritating, I always hated them! Of course, if they can resist grenade blasts, they could negate some of the grenade spam and dead-lock on Metro's B flag.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not sure how i'd feel about a riot shield being added, it would have to be well balanced but I don't think it was in CoD or RSV, it felt like it gave defensive players too much extra protection....perhaps it wouldn't be the same potential game decider in BF4 with the greater numbers and all those explosives, but I suspect in game modes with much smaller numbers it could be a serious game changer.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Rainbow Six Vegas - that's was it! You were limited toa slow crawl and could only carry a handgun, didn't give you an armour buff when its on your back....

BF4 don't show you carrying your missile launcher when its stowed so I didnt think they will add models with shield on back....ie. Not giving carriers a blast proof rear when not being used...

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Here's a trailer for the new DLC

Exciting stuff.

Old fashioned cannons look a little out of place though.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike: All Four Maps Detailed

The four all-new maps in Battlefield 4 Naval Strike were designed with a simple premise in mind: to expand on what players loved with the naval warfare from Battlefield 4. It’s our hope you’ll enjoy the new maps immensely, whether you’re trying out the new Carrier Assault mode or piloting the new Hovercraft. Naturally, we have also crafted the surroundings with infantry and non-naval vehicles in mind. So without further ado, let’s go through the four maps of Naval Strike.

Lost Islands
Starting with Lost Islands, this map focuses around a crashed airplane located near the center of the map. The map itself contains several small islands surrounding the crash site that can be traversed using quad bikes around the whole map, or by using boats (including the new hovercraft) to take shortcuts across it. The key to master this map is to control the plane at the crash site, which can be blown open to give infantry some much needed cover. Another special area of this map is the cave blanketed by a waterfall, as it provides visual cover for patrolling boats and helicopters.

Nansha Strike
Nansha Strike is a very boat heavy map with several bases spread out in the water to battle it out on, while at the same time allowing total infantry control of the middle areas. The central area provides a lot of cover for infantry and is a death trap for water vehicles if they try to enter it via the small rivers. The surrounding bases can be captured from the water, with some offering big bases in the middle of the sea for infantry. This is where the more powerful vehicles spawn, which makes them key to own and control.

Wave Breaker
Wave Breaker has a unique submarine base hidden in the middle mountain which allows for tight close quarter combat, but it also has wide canals where it’s possible to do drive-bys with the attack boats to add extra mayhem to the mix. The middle area has many different Levolution possibilities. You can for instance bring down a submarine from its support and turn off the lights in the surrounding corridors. It’s also possible to stop boats from entering the area by closing the four flood gates and blocking the direct path from the bases on the two sides. The middle island will give players intense fights in Deathmatch modes.

Operation Mortar
Operation Mortar is our vacation paradise turned into a war zone, with wooden huts surrounding the islands. There is an old fort on the top of the mountain, which provides a great overview over the whole map. It also gives the team owning it a fast way to capture the other bases on the main island. In Rush, this levels starts from the bottom of the islands and goes up towards the fort, providing interesting and fun vertical gameplay which will provide a big challenge for attackers.

Coming March 25 for Premium Members
We hope you are excited to get hands-on with these new four maps and the full Battlefield 4 Naval Strike expansion when it becomes available on March 25. Remember to take the poll below and let us know which map you think will provide the best Battlefield battles via land, air and of course sea.

Source: Battlefield Blog

The trailer video for Naval Strike is in the Gallery.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
when is this out as a standalone download?
I didn't think much of the China rising dlc which I got free on PS 3. i also didn't fancy buying old maps remade and renamed.
I do like the look of these maps though so I'll be paying the 11.99 for Naval strike.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
when is this out as a standalone download?
I didn't think much of the China rising dlc which I got free on PS 3. i also didn't fancy buying old maps remade and renamed.
I do like the look of these maps though so I'll be paying the 11.99 for Naval strike.
I think it's usually a couple of weeks after Premium members get it that it's available to all.

I quite like the China Rising DLC, I certainly prefer it to Second Assault.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Apart from today's dlc what changes did the update bring? Can't seem to find any details

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh, there's a surprise! Just found it!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That is the biggest disgrace i've seen yet.

This DLC is unplayable, it makes all of the other networking issues seem like nothing.

Frame rate dropping to 2-3 frames per second at times, constant rubber banding on your own movement.

Can't believe we're paying for the privilege of playing this two weeks early...utter utter crap.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That is the biggest disgrace i've seen yet.

This DLC is unplayable, it makes all of the other networking issues seem like nothing.

Frame rate dropping to 2-3 frames per second at times, constant rubber banding on your own movement.

Can't believe we're paying for the privilege of playing this two weeks early...utter utter crap.
I think it's you Col, it isn't that laggy anymore.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For me, the main problem was this.... (it states that I got 43 hours of download time left)
WP_20140325_002.jpg

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In an updated statement posted to its Battlelog blog last night, DICE provided more details on both delays and gave a new rough release window of "early April" for the content.

"We wanted to provide more detail about the delay of Battlefield 4 Naval Strike," DICE wrote. "We have delayed the PC version of Naval Strike because we are concerned that the combination of the pack and planned PC updates would increase performance issues on mid-range to high-end PCs. We are working hard to resolve that issue now.

"Additionally, we have decided to delay the Xbox One version of Naval Strike because we want to address issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations. We know that many Battlefield 4 Premium owners wanted to play Naval Strike today. However, we didn't want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content."

The developer added that it was working to resolve these issues "as quickly as possible".

Source.