Multi BF4 - Gamescom News

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, where to start? Ok, look at the pretty...

Awesome isn't it!

The BF4 Beta is coming in early October. BF3 Premium members, as well as MOH Warfighter (Limited or Deluxe version) owners can access the beta on 1st October. The beta opens to the public on 4th October, and will close on 15th October. The beta is for Conquest on the Siege of Shanghai map, seen in the first multiplayer trailer for BF4.

DICE have also announced that they will be releasing another Premium plan for BF4, which will include 5 DLC packs. Premium will cost £39.99. The full rundown of Premium is as follows:

Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favourite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.

Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.

Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.

Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.

Premium will also include:
  • Unique personalisation options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
  • Priority position in server queues
  • New content every week
  • 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
  • Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4

BF4 will also be a launch title for PS4 when it releases in Europe on 29th November.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BF3 Map Pack for BF4:

Caspian Border
Operation Metro (with collapsible ceilings?)
Operation Firestorm (at night)
Gulf of Oman

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well seeing as not much grabs my attention from the list of release titles, it looks like BF4 will be my first purchase (unless they bring the release date of Elder scrolls online forward by a few months)

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like they're mixing up the game modes once again, a Search & Destroy game mode called Defuse is also lined up. I'm really looking forward to this.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like they're mixing up the game modes once again, a Search & Destroy game mode called Defuse is also lined up. I'm really looking forward to this.
These game modes sound similar to ones in Call of Duty and Socom.

Liking the sound of all of the changes and additions to BF4. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how Defuse works.

It's a great game mode on many games...but with vehicles added into the equation?? I hope they keep the number of vehicles quite low since there's no respawn.

But yeah, quite looking forward to BF4, will be great to get all the great additions from BF3's DLC included across all maps, with things like dirtbikes and gunships it's gonna be utter chaos!

roger947

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well you can ignore my last post in this thread.

BF4 will definitely be my first purchase since i discovered yesterday that ESO is not F2P.
at $14.99 a month they can stick it up their ar$e$ :rant:

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm.

You buy BF4 for PS3. You later purchase PS4 and then continue to use your original disc (which you bought for PS3) on PS4.
Or do you have to purchase new BF4 disc for PS4 or pay extra to receive digital content update to enable your PS3/BF4 disc to utilise any added extras/quality and such. ???

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm.

You buy BF4 for PS3. You later purchase PS4 and then continue to use your original disc (which you bought for PS3) on PS4.
Or do you have to purchase new BF4 disc for PS4 or pay extra to receive digital content update to enable your PS3/BF4 disc to utilise any added extras/quality and such. ???
I think you just pay the extra to recieve a digital copy for the PS4. Activision are charging £10 for the upgrade of Ghosts but no price from EA yet.

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers Wilks. I was just a bit worried you might have to buy BF4 again, specifically for the PS4.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, you are buying it again but for a discounted price. You can then transfer your PS3 stats and progression over to the PS4 game.;)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Not your single player save though just the mp

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good idea and a fantastic deal, but I'll be waiting till the 29th and get the ps4 version. Still, if Sony delay in Europe (please dont let this happen. Not 4 times in a row surely), then I most certainly will be getting it. The ps3 was delayed for nearly 6 months, so you'd be mad not too.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not your single player save though just the mp
Where on earth did that come from?

Anyway by the looks of things it'll be an 'upgrade' to the digital version, rendering your PS3 version sellable. anyone wanting BF4 on PS3 should wait a month and grab a used copy off ebay as it's price is going to plummet.

If EA confirm the same deal as with CoD (which looks to be following Sony guidelines) then the extra cost a month down the line to upgrade to the PS4 version will be £10.....the very same £10 extra that you'll pay for the PS4 version compared to the PS3, which means there's absolutely no reason to wait..IF they follow suit.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I missread Wilks post

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
JackFrags has just posted this on his twitter feed...

"Just got confirmation from Lars in an interview... BF4 on PS4 runs at 720p upscaled to 1080p and solid 60 fps."

So now we know.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
720p at 60fps then.

I'm a little surprised I must admit, given that BF3 runs at 1280x704 (just shy of 720p) and for the most part holds a fairly consistent 25-30fps with a few rare drops below that.

At least it means we'll get a smoother and importantly more responsive feel. This will put the game on par with CoD in terms of responsiveness, which was the only thing CoD has ever had over BF...which I assume is why they've made such a big effort to go this way instead of insanely high end graphics at full 1080p.

I wonder if the upscaling will mean we get tiny text on screen or if we really are just playing at 720 and the upscaling just means it'll blur the ****ing image like the xbox360 "upscaling"

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not that bothered about it, but it seems a few people on the 'net are. The 60fps is good enough for me.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A further post from JackFrags...

"To clarify: BF4 running at a higher resolution than 720p in the PS4 dev environment. Final resolution when the game is optimised at launch!"