Multi BF4 Field upgrades

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not liking any of these `Field upgrade pack` ideas at all.

All it means is, if you're in a really sorted/experienced squad you will get better stuff/perks than less skilled players. As a skilled player you shouldn't need these. But as a less skilled player you do. An experienced squad will get these `field pack upgrades` quicker and hold onto them for longer (they won't die as quick because they are already better players and will manage to survive longer as a squad, therefore not losing them) putting new players in an even more disadvantaged position.
These `upgrade packs` in my opinion are pointless and detrimental to the pure game style of the BF series where player skill should be the winning factor, not whether a squad has a better and more `powerful perk` load out system and can keep the load out longer.

Bah :(

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Doesn't mean a thing when they're on the business end of an AK47. :)

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We can hope. But you've got to admit it seems a bit biased towards the already better players.
Its like giving David Beckham ( or whoever the main football person of the moment is ) a pair of magic boots that allow him to NEVER EVER miss a goal.

Or maybe I`m in a grumpy old fart mood this evening, meh.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We can hope. But you've got to admit it seems a bit biased towards the already better players.
Its like giving David Beckham ( or whoever the main football person of the moment is ) a pair of magic boots that allow him to NEVER EVER miss a goal.

Or maybe I`m in a grumpy old fart mood this evening, meh.
Grumpy old fart

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Meh it's already the same deal in BF3, as newbie squad gets no squad perks, only an individual perk, more experienced players get to have squad perks and obviously have the whole range of perks available to them.

Remember that DICE are amazing at making balanced games, I think we'll find the perks are nice, but won't give any great advantage, they'll all be very subtle as they are in BF3.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Youve got to make it fair to newcomers, whatever day they start playing. Ive always found it bizarre that games reward the really good players and leave the poorer ones behind with the shit loadouts. If anything, the hardcore need slowing down some, and IMHO each unlock should have a detrimental effect, thereby making the earning of higher ranks even more worthy.

Looking at what the upgrades are, I cant see any real game changers. As @HERMAN_JELMET pointed out. It wont make a huge difference:D

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yep, your all correct. It was late and I had a `grump on` :rant:. Pointless post was pointless, ignore.