The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 BF3 server renewed

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Martok, 28 Sep 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Just to let you know that the BF3 server has been renewed...

...and we now have two servers.

Server renewal is due on 3rd October. As that's only 5 days away, I decided to get it sorted today. I logged into the game, went to My Servers and purchased 90 day server rental which clearly states that it is for renewing existing servers as well as renting new ones. I read all of the details and had them double-checked by Halo to make sure I was correct in doing this. So, I make the purchase and lo and behold, the server isn't renewed but instead I have a new second server. :roll:

Not very happy at this, I phone EA and spend half an hour on the phone (most of it waiting to speak to someone). Finally when I get through, the adviser goes off to check with someone who has dealt with this before about what can be done. He came back to say that nothing can be done - they are not able to cancel the new server nor transfer the purchased 90 days onto the old server. The adviser tried to explain that the server is identical in functionality etc but I stopped him as I know all that. That's not the point, I want my existing one to to continue (which it seems it can't) and more importantly I would be losing 5 days out of this due to the new server starting today rather than the renewal starting when the current one expires. Although there was nothing he could do about transferring the 90 days across, he has added an additional 7 days onto the new server to make up for the lost 5 days and inconvenience caused. I then asked him why my server hadn't renewed and he didn't know. We'd been checking on EA's website whilst this conversation went on and in their FAQs is says that you must renew within 72 hours of the expiry of your server and doing so earlier than this will mean you rent a new one instead. I pointed this out to him and asked him to urgently pass this information on so that the server rental screen on the PS3 clearly displays this information as it definitely isn't there.

So, for the next few days we have two servers. :D The new server is running the AK+standard+Karkand maps rotation I created whilst the original one is running the BF3 Classic maps. I've set it to this because within minutes of the new server being set up, it had 21 players, yet once I changed it to AK it emptied. So Classic Maps may get us some advertising on the old server.

Please search for the new server and favourite it because the old one will disappear next week.

I've copied all of the map rotations which you can see in the BF3 Server Rotations thread across to the new server, along with all of us as VIPs. I've also made those who contributed to the server admins on both.

Admins - you now have the power to change settings, rotations etc. If you edit a rotation, please do post to let us all know in the BF3 Server Rotations thread and so that the spreadsheet of rotations can be updated (which I found very useful when copying the information to the new server). You also have the power to kick and ban people! Please use this wisely and only where necessary and remember, it's my name in the server owner box so I'll get the complaints if you turn out like the guy in the clip below. :lol:

#1 Martok, 28 Sep 2012
    Last edited: 2 Oct 2013
  2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I'm going to kick out every belgian that seps foot on the server . Laggy so and so's.

3. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    What about northerner's still on dial up?

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    So two servers for 5 days then just the new one. Wow 21 players after purchase
    :-O sounds like the default is the way forward.

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Good call Herman,
    Jkrohn and that laggy Saunders bloke should be banned if they dont sort thier connections out.
    Unlike the Belgians I'll give them a warning before I kick them, seeing as I know them.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Son of a...... Your the laggy bar Stewart ;)

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Think I'd be too worried to tinker with the server. I'd probably end up perma-banning myself from it whilst simultaneously bringing down the entire PSN network or something.

Im happy to be left as an Admin, but I dont think I'll be touching the controls at all. Anyone whose ever joined a game where I was the host will breath a sigh of relief.

8. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    I logged on to BF3 last night, and our server was pretty much full. There were some great games on there, and it remained full all night - even through the Rush and TDM maps!

LouP joined and we got chatting to a couple of guys from a clan who were in our squad. They were complimentary about the server and were asking about SNR. I might suggest that they become Allies (well, apply at least). They were keen on the idea of a clan match, which is good.

Anyway, it's great to see more people on the server!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice