The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Bethesda announces Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Games' started by Martok, 30 May 2018.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    An online game of some sort?

Bethesda's mysterious broadcast has finally provided the goods and announced Fallout 76.

As is the trend for Bethesda's Fallout announcements, the trailer begins with a wireless radio playing a song (Take Me Home, Country Roads) indicating the setting could be Virginia. We then see a date on a Pip-Boy clock of 27th October 2012, which is earlier than any previous Fallout game.

[​IMG]
    The date.

The camera then pans out to show what must be a Fallout Vault on Reclamation Day, whatever that is - maybe when they leave the Vault? We then see the player character with a 76 emblazoned on their back - the number of the Vault - strapping a Pip-Boy to their wrist.

We don't know exactly what Fallout 76 is - we'll have to wait for Bethesda's E3 conference (10th June, 6.30pm PT) for that - but we understand it isn't the next big numbered instalment in the Fallout series (ie. Fallout 5). Kotaku's Jason Schreier has heard Fallout 76 will be an online game of some sort.

Source: Bethesda announces Fallout 76

2. Solo-nite

Solo-nite Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Solo-nite
    I am looking forward to seeing more of this. Hopefully it won't be too long coming out. Bethasda are usually quick with getting games out

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I won't be getting this on release (or maybe not at all). I still haven't finished Fallout 4! Part of my problem is I'm the sort of person who wants to turn over every rock - usually I start an evening with a goal in mind such as to get somewhere and then end up further away from where I wanted to be because I'm all "ooh, look at this", "ah, what's that over there" etc.

I'm also concerned about it being online multiplayer. The Elder Scrolls Online (also from Bethesda) was a bit spartan to say the least (at least at the start, I don't know what it's like now having never played it). Hopefully we'll get more details about this in the coming months.

4. Solo-nite

Solo-nite Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Solo-nite
    Well rumours are that is not am mmo, it's still am RPG running on the FO4 engine

I have started playing fallout 4 again as I haven't finished it either lol. I have played 220 hours (keep getting lost in settlement building lol)

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Bethesda offers a closer look at Fallout 76
    Four times the size of Fallout 4.

Bethesda has offered a closer look at its recently teased new Fallout game, Fallout 76.

Fallout 76 is a prequel to the entire Fallout series, and unfolds in the hills of West Virginia. Players take on the role of some of the first survivors to emerge following the nuclear apocalypse - venturing into what Bethesda calls an "untamed and very different wasteland".

That wasteland looks rather less post-apocalyptic than we've become accustomed to in other series entries, and, says Bethesda, is four times the size of the world in Fallout 4.

There's suitably atmospheric glimpse of Fallout 76's new haunts in the brand-new trailer above.

Source: Bethesda offers a closer look at Fallout 76

IamNumber6 likes this.
  6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Fallout 76 is entirely online, but you can play solo
    Out this November.

Fallout 76 is an "entirely online" game, Bethesda dev chief Todd Howard confirmed during the company's E3 media briefing.

But, you can play the game solo.

Vault 76, which is set in West Virginia, includes a story and levelling up, Howard said, but it's easier to get on playing with other people. There's also a survival element, although Howard called this "softcore survival", as opposed to "hardcore survival".

The world contains dozens of other players, Howard confirmed, not hundreds. "It's the apocalypse, not an amusement park, okay?"

There's a building focus. Unlike in Fallout 4, in Fallout 76 you can build anywhere, and build with friends. The world is broken up into six distinct regions, each with their own style, risks and rewards. There are multiple nuclear missile sites on the map, and the game lets players do whatever they want with them.

Fallout 76 has dedicated servers, Howard revealed. A beta is also planned.

Finally, we have a release date: 14th November 2018.

Source: Fallout 76 is entirely online, but you can play solo

IamNumber6 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice