PS3 Beta trials

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For those of you who are on the PS3 Beta Trials, there's a new one just started.

I only discovered it by accident by accessing the Beta trial area. Somehow I had become unsubscribed from the Beta Trial notification thread.

If you are a Beta Triallist, visit the Beta Trials section on the PS forums and subscribe to the Beta Trial Notification Thread. You'll also find a link in the Beta Trials forum to the new Beta Trial.

Apologies for the secrecy in not mentioning what the Beta Trial is but as usual there's a Non Disclosure Agreement in place for this.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If anyone wants to try out DUST 514 then simply register as a user on IGN . They've loads of codes to give away this weekend.

http://uk.ign.com/prime/promo/dust-514#_=_

The key was instantly given, no having to subscribe to things or ads to endure but the games is 2 GB and currently pending. So I am going to pause it and download it overnight.

shadstah

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
If anyone wants to try out DUST 514 then simply register as a user on IGN . They've loads of codes to give away this weekend.

http://uk.ign.com/prime/promo/dust-514#_=_

The key was instantly given, no having to subscribe to things or ads to endure but the games is 2 GB and currently pending. So I am going to pause it and download it overnight.
Great find Ace :1thumbup:

I'd been on the official dust beta sign-up since they first came about but never got a redeem code from them, but I got me one now :clap:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
To be honest the game isn't good, and after getting g a character to a high rank with great guns they reset everything :(

It's slow sluggish and laggy.

2/10 in my opinion.

Although it's free I'm gonna delete it to save space on my hdd.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The secret beta Is 3.5GB

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think it will get better with updates. Initially I liked the menus and options available (Very Eve like), but the gameplay and graphics needs a bit of work.
Remember this is a BETA, so the full game will be a lot better. Think its a great concept and will be persevering with it

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok said:
I only discovered it by accident by accessing the Beta trial area. Somehow I had become unsubscribed from the Beta Trial notification thread.
Me too, But I have it now and It says 'public beta'

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
Me too, But I have it now and It says 'public beta'
It does, though reading the PS forums it seems we are still bound by the NDA. It looks like in the US it is a public beta but not here and different rules apply which is just stupid.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So Is it OK for me to say "Oh I see that Martok and Herman are playing on the ***** ** ******** Beta"?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
So Is it OK for me to say "Oh I see that Martok and Herman are playing on the ***** ** ******** Beta"?
Yes because you didnt agree to any NDA. Thing is, do a couple of searches on youtube and you'll see stacks of videos someones already uploaded :roll: :lol:

Some of the betas have had their names disguised.

But I love beta trialling. I do it for the Vita too, as well as the 360. I got to test Kinect about 6 months before it came out, and the secrecy killed me. But it was worth it as I got a free one and a game to keep for my troubles. I tested Spec Ops The Line about 1.5 years before it came out on the 360, and reading some of the posts on OAPs asking "whats it like", and "have you heard about it" just about finished me off.

Ordinarily I would say dont ever tell me any secrets as Im crap at keeping them, but it would appear Im being harsh on myself as apparently I can keep secrets. :1thumbup:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Acegadgets said:
You're not bound by the NDA the beta tester's are so you can say whatever you like :)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
....oh sorry I knew there was another reason to post. Theres no more redemption codes being emailed to anyone any more. Instead you lift them from the PSN Beta area. And make sure you do redeem them, and fill in the surveys. And actually play them too as theyre being policed a lot more now, with threats of being booted off the trials altogether.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Indeed. When we went down to one PS3 I ended up losing my Beta access. At the time it didn't bother me because they were only shovelling crap but now they seem to be getting back on track with decent titles to test.