1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Beta trials

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 14 Jul 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    For those of you who are on the PS3 Beta Trials, there's a new one just started.

I only discovered it by accident by accessing the Beta trial area. Somehow I had become unsubscribed from the Beta Trial notification thread.

If you are a Beta Triallist, visit the Beta Trials section on the PS forums and subscribe to the Beta Trial Notification Thread. You'll also find a link in the Beta Trials forum to the new Beta Trial.

Apologies for the secrecy in not mentioning what the Beta Trial is but as usual there's a Non Disclosure Agreement in place for this.

2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    If anyone wants to try out DUST 514 then simply register as a user on IGN . They've loads of codes to give away this weekend.

http://uk.ign.com/prime/promo/dust-514#_=_

The key was instantly given, no having to subscribe to things or ads to endure but the games is 2 GB and currently pending. So I am going to pause it and download it overnight.

3. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Great find Ace :thumbup:

I'd been on the official dust beta sign-up since they first came about but never got a redeem code from them, but I got me one now :clap:

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    To be honest the game isn't good, and after getting g a character to a high rank with great guns they reset everything :(

It's slow sluggish and laggy.

2/10 in my opinion.

Although it's free I'm gonna delete it to save space on my hdd.

5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    The secret beta Is 3.5GB

6. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I think it will get better with updates. Initially I liked the menus and options available (Very Eve like), but the gameplay and graphics needs a bit of work.
    Remember this is a BETA, so the full game will be a lot better. Think its a great concept and will be persevering with it

7. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Me too, But I have it now and It says 'public beta'

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    It does, though reading the PS forums it seems we are still bound by the NDA. It looks like in the US it is a public beta but not here and different rules apply which is just stupid.

9. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    So Is it OK for me to say "Oh I see that Martok and Herman are playing on the ***** ** ******** Beta"?

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Yes because you didnt agree to any NDA. Thing is, do a couple of searches on youtube and you'll see stacks of videos someones already uploaded :roll: :lol:

Some of the betas have had their names disguised.

But I love beta trialling. I do it for the Vita too, as well as the 360. I got to test Kinect about 6 months before it came out, and the secrecy killed me. But it was worth it as I got a free one and a game to keep for my troubles. I tested Spec Ops The Line about 1.5 years before it came out on the 360, and reading some of the posts on OAPs asking "whats it like", and "have you heard about it" just about finished me off.

Ordinarily I would say dont ever tell me any secrets as Im crap at keeping them, but it would appear Im being harsh on myself as apparently I can keep secrets. :thumbup:

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    You're not bound by the NDA the beta tester's are so you can say whatever you like :)

12. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    ....oh sorry I knew there was another reason to post. Theres no more redemption codes being emailed to anyone any more. Instead you lift them from the PSN Beta area. And make sure you do redeem them, and fill in the surveys. And actually play them too as theyre being policed a lot more now, with threats of being booted off the trials altogether.

13. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Indeed. When we went down to one PS3 I ended up losing my Beta access. At the time it didn't bother me because they were only shovelling crap but now they seem to be getting back on track with decent titles to test.