• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Best way to sell stuff

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, my Xbox gold Sub expired last week. I've not bothered to renew it. In fact I'm thinking of actually selling my 360 as I never use it.
When other SNRs sell stuff, how do you like to do this?
I used to sell a lot on eBay but with the insertion fee, 10% final value fee, 10% fee on P&P and the 20p plus 3.5% fee with paypal it is not such an attractive proposition anymore.

I have looked at trading it in at GAME. I'd get £70 store credit or £63 cash. Does this sound a bit too cheap? @HERMAN_JELMET / @Slaine didn't one of you get shot of a 360 recently?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be looking at selling one of my ps3s - honestly can't decide which though!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be looking at selling one of my ps3s - honestly can't decide which though!
The one that will give you the most money towards your PS4 funds. Have you been putting what money you'd have spent on alcohol a week in a kitty? If you haven't got a little tin with "Zoobs PS4 funds" or some such on it I shall be most disappointed!

I still have mine.
Must have been Slainey then. I can't decide what the lowest price I'm willing to part for it is yet. Sometimes I think it's not worth selling some things. I still have a first gen PSP 'cos I'd get about 20p for it. Must reconsider selling that as well.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Im too generous, I tend to give my stuff away. Last week gave my Sony Surround sound away and my 4 foot aquarium with shit loads of stuff with it. Doesn't answer the queation but it shows you all what a nice chap I am :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nah ive sold mine and so did one of my daughters. £70 isnt a bad price 2nd hand to be honest. You can get the 250gb model for £150 now. I got a lot more for all my games (about £400).

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Try Gumtree, or list it on ebay with a low starting bid, someone will possibly ask what your B I N price is , you can then try to do a cash deal with them, Cancelling the free auction and doing away with paypal fees and ebay selling fees.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you haven't got a little tin with "Zoobs PS4 funds" or some such on it I shall be most disappointed!
Aye, it is call "my Argos card" - which was maxed out (like the rest of them).

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I sold my ps3 via local Facebook selling pages, they seem to be popping up all over the place now, sold mine very quickly so was quite happy!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally managed to sell my Xbox 360. Went through a local Facebook page. I did put it up for £150 but let it go for £120 in the end. Think they got a bargain. Boxed like new, with 2 controllers, a fast charge kit, 14 games, and a HD composite cable.
It was bought as a birthday present for a young boy so I don't think the majority of the games are suitable being FPS but then it's up to them at the end of the day.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice work that lady. Fun times this weekend then :drinks: