Best Judge Dredd film!?!?!?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fan made film, which is just bloody superb.
I have to say, I thought this was actually more closer to the source material than the Stallone and Urban efforts. In fact, this blows away Stallones shameful portrayal of Dredd. And this certainly has the best Mega City 1. Stallones version had some cracking fly overs, but when you hit the ground it was just regular streets/buildings with some signage to make it feel futuristic. What about all the pedways & flyovers?!?! No this Youtube video version of Mega City 1 is spot on.

I like the Karl Urban film, but both Dredd film directors stated that what works in the comic doesnt work in the movies, hence why they changed the costume, bike, gun etc etc. What a load of bollocks, as this Youtube video demonstrates. Does bug me when Hollywood changes the source material. Theres a reason why the source material is so good, and remember you couldnt come up with any ideas yourself Mr Hollywood Producer, so why do you think you can improve on something?!?!? The Green Lantern movie is a classic point; the fans hated it, so all you were left with was a bunch of people who didnt know what to make of it.:x Anyways, enjoy!!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Wow that's all I can say.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought Dredd 3D was pretty much on-form.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dredd 1995 started good (city fly over etc) but sucked straight after that. Such a let down. Did enjoy the Urban one for the action etc but the city was very lacking. Not even close to MC1.

Judge Minty is by far the best Dredd film out there and I respectfully take my hat off to all involved.

Sorry it's a late thread reply.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I quite like Urbans Judge Dredd, but it obviously had a limited budget by Hollywood blockbuster standards and it didnt try too hard to push any boundaries. Stallones film had some nice moments, the opening scenes of MC1, the ABC warrior and the Angel gang, but it also had Stallone in it.

The problem is that Hollywood does not really understand satire, and at its core Judge Dredd is a satire. The judges are fascist thugs elevated to the status of heroes by an apathetic and puerile population distracted by vulgar novelties and trash tv. In any other setting the Judges would be monsters.

But then Hollywood likes to think Batman is a hero too when he is in effect a revenge fantasist who could use his billions and intellect to work on solving the obvious social problems of Gotham City but instead chooses to go out at night and punch villains in the face while dressed as a nocturnal predator.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is why I love Lobo, he does what it says on the tin :rofl:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wow @yinkin that was deep, but spot on.
And yes I have to agree, the ABC Warrior was good if under used and Mean Machine was fantastic. They definitly needed more air time.

zeroflip

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Karl Urban's portrayal of Dredd. Judge Death as a movie???