1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Battlefield Sig

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by HaloJ, 23 Jul 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Both of these are totally just prototype graphics.

I first tested putting the username as part of the SNR logo. I now don't feel this is that pretty so will stick to my original name on the dogtag as with the second example. I'm also going to include both rank, country of origin and fav kit on the primary dog tag. The secondary dogtag will include the text like on battle log (so many blah blahs). Both dogtags will be taken from your profile as of last synchronisation. Both signatures may also include "top medal" as shown but I'll have to come up with a blank medal for those still working towards their first.

Stats wise the intention is to inlude the following :
    hours played
    score per minute
    kill/death
    win/loss
    number of headshots
    longest headshot
    (maybe longest handheld headshot)
    (maybe global accuracy)
    number of service stars
    number of medals

The right will keep the top 3 weapons and top sidearm details similar to my prior signature but also include the number of service stars received for that weapon.

Personally I prefer the second one as I feel it's more visually appealing with the logo resting on the left 3rd and it has the ability to include more stats in a nicer format. The top one with the logo in the centre feels a bit discordant and unbalanced which isn't the impression I'd like to give for a signature that is going to be used as clan advertising around the net.

Abs

EDIT : In fact, yeah I'm gonna go with the second one but do please comment with regards stats to include exclude xx

EDIT EDIT : May need a slight redesign as rotating a dogtag forces the system to ignore it's set dimensions. Please hold caller.

EDIT EDIT EDIT : I maybe doing the first one, waiting on more comments.

Attached Files:

2. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I quite like the first one

3. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I like the first one. The fact that the logo is in the middle, just like it is on this website plus the uniformity it brings by being there is more visually pleasing (at least to me) than the second one which I feel just doesn't sit right.

The PSN name should be on the dogtag, not on the logo - leave that as it is on our website.

Move the medal to under the handgun (just as on the second one) and lose the service star. The space left can then be used for more stats which would include number of service stars.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Number 1 looks more uniform, with snr logo in center :)

5. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I like the name as part of the logo the way it is in the first one, I think that looks fab with the font and everything.

I would substitute longest handheld headshot in for longest headshot, because honestly who cares about headshots in a tank? The important headshots at distance are the ones with guns not vehicles.

For top Medal I'd like to see the number of times obtained, possibly a description of the medal too? like a short description underneath and a "x12" or whatever overlayed over the top of the image, perhaps shoved into a corner though?

I'd even go so far as to say reduce the size of the tags to allow more space for stats too.

6. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I too like the name In the Desdemona font.

7. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I prefer the first one as well.
    Could you do a special version for me that dosent have K/D ratios or headshots on, as I dont get headshots. Perhaps leg shots or omit them completly also perhaps less info and bigger text so i dont have to put my glasses on?
    And instead of a pistol and pistol kills, how about C4 kills? I get a few of them and also suicides i'm good at them. And could I have my rank emblem instead of the pistol?

Special one for special people could include

Score per minute
    Dogtags
    Suicides
    C4 kills
    Claymore kills

If you can knock one up I'll dotate a couple of quid (literally TWO :thumbup: ) to the BF3 server fund. and give yer a big hug next time I see ya. ;)

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Suicides isn't a stat that's available and the dogtag count is completely bugged and has been since the title launched and it would seem they've no intention of fixing it. I was trying to include global information rather than weapon specific stuff like number of C4 kills.

Font size is an issue as space is limited to begin with. It's a fight with imparting information and allowed signature sizes across the net. 'we're and others are 550x125 @ 100Kb but the official Sony forums are 600 x don't take the piss @ <75Kb!

More testing makes the logo based name something that's being relegated to a second sig as it snarls the logo up and requires a bit of work to rebuild the logo so that it expands and contracts dependant upon the username.

I'll be including the count next to the medal and the service stars. A short name maybe achievable over the medal I'll look into it.

Further testing has also pulled up a snag for certain. I cannot scale the tags if they are rotated so they're slightly bigger than originally designed for. So here's the above prototypes tweaked and a third moving the logo to the far left. Tweaks include a smaller logo on the centred one to make room for the extra size of the dogtags.

Why the tags? I like the idea of being able to have your own personalised tags as part of a custom signature and makes the signature a bit more unique than the generic stats sigs that abound the net.

Attached Files:

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Iike 3 on this one now lol

After a second view the noticed the name under the logo on the first image that's kinda cool

10. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Can you put the tags on the far right, overlapping the right hand side of the image creating more space in the middle?

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Do you mean all info on left, logo biased right with the tags hanging off the logo's right hand side? E.g. a shuffle round of #3 above?

EDIT :

Attached Files:

12. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I also like these:-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Log in same place as previous but with tags behind stats and in the far right

14. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    You know how you're on about personalisation of your own sig and Ace was on about showing/not showing certain stuff.

How about when you code it up you have it so that it's easy for anyone to do their own version with the centre stats panel easily identifyable and editable.

Something like
    ////Remove leading '//' to include a line, add leading '//' to exclude
    ////Please only include up to 10 stat lines

//longest_headshot //longest handheld headshot
    KD_ratio //kill to death ratio
    SPM //score per minute
    //WL_ratio //win loss ratio

Probably something a little more difficult to code up, particularly if they choose not to have a full 10 lines of stats, then getting the spacing correct so it's not all lumped at the top.

My worry would be that this would add in more code and therefore increase the size of the sig.

Or we could have a middle section where stats are included and in the code have it marked clearly:
    //// enter your own stats lines here ////

And then have the various stats posted here in a sticky so that we can cut down on included code.

So basically your awesome sig is a shell and we populate it with whatever stats we want to show.

It would also give us a thread on posting up the maths behind certain stats for those who are less mathematically minded.

15. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Keeping the SNR logo on the left, Tags on the right, all the info in the middle.

16. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    My reason for trying to keep it as one sig is that it'll climb the ranks on the bfstats site which should help to generate hits to the site for us rather than us all having our individual versions which detracts from each others rank and not gaining us the free advertising.

What tickles me is that as I was one of the first to get to grips with the BF3stats code from BFBC2stats I see bits of the code that I used on that OAP sig all over the place. Variable naming nuances and specific ways that I laid sections out. One of the things I did was to unify the layout of the sections using a reference x,y and I see my variable names of the base co-ords used all over.

It seems we all want different things and I've had an idea. We could have a base sig but modify the code based on the username. So Ace doesn't want handgun and wants C4. Col will likely want top weapon, top vehicle, top medal. So let's get settled on a layout scheme we like.

JK, If we put the tags behind the stats then they may as well not be there as it'll just generate visual noise and make the stats harder to read. I did toy with that idea though using the advanced tags image as an overall background base for the sig, huge like.

Finally, this is a full list of exactly what we have available to us. Pulling top vehicle, top air, top gun, etc is relatively easy to do on an individual basis the problem is the formatting of the output data. Ace's C4 is an easy replacement to the handgun but replacing the 3 guns with top air vehicle, top ground vehicle will require more coding as it's a layout change from 3 to 2.

EDIT : nice idea Herm, looks nice as well as the stats will be in a gold frame and we could partially obscure the tags under the right edge. I'll get on it later.

EDIT EDIT : Missed this link to the full available stats : http://api.bf3stats.com/ps3/player/?player=HaloJ&output=sig

17. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    How about getting away from K/D ratios and scores and use something like:-

On the left some dog tags:-

dogtags.basic.name='ACE SQUAD DOG TAG'
    dogtags.basic.desc='OBTAIN ACE SQUAD RIBBON 10 TIMES'

dogtags.basic.image_l='dogtags_l/dtb018.png'
    dogtags.basic.image_s='dogtags_s/dtb018.png'

In the middle along with a SNR logo, some unusual stats such as :-

stats.global.mcomdest=38
    stats.global.flagcaps=229
    stats.global.resupplies=763
    stats.global.vehiclekills=171
    stats.equipment.wasDef.revives=151
    stats.global.dogtags=54
    stats.equipment.waeC4.kills=116
    stats.equipment.waeMort.kills=41

On the right I might do TANKS rather than Guns

stats.vehicles.mbtT90.img='vehicles/t90.png'
    stats.vehicles.mbtT90.kills=43

stats.vehicles.mbtM1A.kills=34
    stats.vehicles.mbtM1A.img='vehicles/m1a2.png'

Obviously I used my stats in there , but they are the stats I'd like to put in rather than the same ones that everyone else seems to use.
    Makes us look like a clan that do objectives and have fun .

Shall let you know how my project progresses!

18. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Herman's suggestion

Which from a multi user formatting perspective works rather well as we've got one finite area for data rather than two either side of the logo.

Attached Files:

19. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Ace - the beauty of the way Halo is looking to implement this is that we all basically get to choose what actual stats should go in the stats section of the sig.

It would be nice if we can have a few unified ones, probably score per minute and ace squad ribbons, which like Ace suggested show our teamwork and objective playing rather than individual stats whoring.

But basically anything that is calculable from the list of stats should be do-able, even if you don't know how to calculate it, if you can explain what it is you're after we've got a few people who do this sort of thing, I'm a stats/coder as a large part of my job, so I'm used to creating weird calculations to pull specific data.

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    This is exactly what I meant earlier and I love it :)

When can I have it