• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Battlefield series

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I here a lot of folk asking for bad company 3 or similar,
I played bfbc2 and it was good then we had bf3 and guys were wanting bc instead
Why is that? They are all made by dice ain't they?
I just watched a video saying that ea may split the battlefield series up, battlefield one year and bad company the next followed by some police series to give developers time to make each game

Am confused

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have fond memories of BFBC2 and struggled a bit to stay motivated by BF3. BC perhaps played better as a team game though that may also be down to the fact that we used to play much more Rush than is popular now?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have fond memories of BFBC2 and struggled a bit to stay motivated by BF3. BC perhaps played better as a team game though that may also be down to the fact that we used to play much more Rush than is popular now?
It might be my imagination, but I remember Rush on BFBC2 being really well balanced. You could never predict which team would win from the outset, and that just hasn't been the case since.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Me and @ChrissPeacock were talking about this the other night,
They seem to have taken all of the best bits from BFBC2 and left them out of later games.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BFBC2 is one of my all time favourite games. The campaign was hilarious and the only one I've liked enough to complete. I wish they'd get a wiggle on with BFBC3!

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Stuff that. I want Star Wars Battlefront first!!
Y E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really liked BC2. That was my first BF experience as I played Modern Warfare 2 before that. Would be good if some of those BC2 maps were given the makeover like they did with the BF3 maps. Oh well, past is gone.

These days I think it is just a name and for copyright reasons they may do another BC just to keep their rights current. Thats my 2 cents in the jar.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Stuff that. I want Star Wars Battlefront first!!
Dont get too excited, I read that they've moved the Medal of honour team over to make Star wars games :/
No chance of a Star Wars skin for Battlefield.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If they go down the game every year route it means they'll split the teams into two and we'll basically get a team for core and a team for bad company and we won't see the same level of progression on the engine.

I'd actually be well up for this on the proviso that they keep some of their staff for engine development and fixes so that they are continually trying to work the bugs out of the game, my faith of this happening is absolute zero as they seem to be introducing more bugs, like the rubber banding issues of china rising (that happen on the new DLC too, to a lower extent though), they don't seem to have fixed other issues though, such as the latency problems where you'll get around a corner....or two, and then die from a shot that had to have been taken a good second or more earlier.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
like the rubber banding issues of china rising
I want to play these maps on the East Coast servers to see if there's any difference. The change between servers over the weekend dramatically improved Caspian Border for me. It was literally unplayable on Saturday night on European servers, yet it was fine on the East Coast ones on Sunday.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So they've potentially rolled out a fix on the US servers but not on the EU ones?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So they've potentially rolled out a fix on the US servers but not on the EU ones?
I doubt they've done that, but the connection was so much better to the US server. I didn't have a single rubber-banding issue yesterday on those servers.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I doubt they've done that, but the connection was so much better to the US server. I didn't have a single rubber-banding issue yesterday on those servers.
I did....one single issue over the course of several hours of play.

There was noticable lag where i'd get killed round corners almost every time I tried to run around a corner to get out of gunfire i'd die after getting round the corner....that seemed worse than usual.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I`m not sure I want an annual battlefieldesque game, it smells of game for games sake rather than being driven by new ideas. A constant re-hashing of old maps and game modes with slight variation is not something I relish.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I`m not sure I want an annual battlefieldesque game, it smells of game for games sake rather than being driven by new ideas. A constant re-hashing of old maps and game modes with slight variation is not something I relish.
I totally agree. I won't be buying Battlefield on a yearly basis, I have other games on my list that I want to buy and play.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I totally agree. I won't be buying Battlefield on a yearly basis, I have other games on my list that I want to buy and play.
Same here, one game every 2 years is enough for me!
Am I I right in saying that bf3 premium maps were spread out over 2 years? Whereas bf4 maps are touted to be released over the course of one year, wonder why that is....hmmm

Maybe a new game later this year

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Hondavee4 is talking to himself... :shh:

*backs away from the thread*

Nurse! :crazy: