• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Battlefield Private servers

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I guess at some point EA will raid our pockets for more £££ and reintroduce private servers but hypothetically speaking let's say we have one here and for some bizarre reason there is a 8 limit cap on maps

Which ones would you choose?

Obviously some of the above havnt actually been released yet so please ignore them

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
1, Zavod 311
2, Siege of Shanghai
3, Caspian border
4, Guilin peaks
5, Silk Road
6, rogue transmission
7, operation metro
8, golmud railway

Actually that was a lot tougher than I thought

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No way would I choose Operation Metro on a private server. It's ridiculous to play with 64 players and very unbalanced. That and Operation Locker are my least favourite maps.

I've yet to decide on which are my favourite maps as I've only been playing Battlefield for 3 weeks. I can pretty much say that we won't be getting a private SNR server. We did that for BF3 for 9 months which wasn't cheap and at the end of the day we didn't feel it was worth it.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping they would be a lot cheaper this time around as we are already paying for online play, maybe not then and wishfull thinking

Back to metro, I've had a few games today and I am starting to gel with it, I saw what looked like 8-10 enemy's pour out of both lifts together and almost over ran us

Like I said last night the pc version had 64 players in bf3 and didn't have the extra passages and lifts we now enjoy,

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
64 players on Metro Is just horrible, Its pretty much just 32 people at each end of a room spamming grenades, It's lost the ebb and flow of BF3.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Being a private server couldn't you limit the number of players?
Can't choose my fav 8 as the brain has already shut down for the day but I do enjoy Metro and Locker as it goes balls out for a bit to spice things up between the bigger maps.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From memory, yes you can limit the numbers, I honestly think the longer we play metro the more we suss it out and then more enjoyable it will become
I just gotta learn how to kill someone

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think Metro is a load of balls on 64 players, it's just too clustered and no real chance of someone sneaking through to break it up from the central point (although I saw this happen somehow)

The private servers will introduce a whole new level of retardism to the game, as it did with BF3 you're gonna get a x5 multiplier on tickets so that people can rank up and get those ribbons that are harder to obtain.

I'd hope that at that point DICE would introduce a better range of official servers that actually cater for all game modes, would be nice to be able to play Conquest with 32 players. It would also be nice to play servers that cross game modes.

What would be really awesome, and therefore won't happen, is if DICE made servers that cater for "Premium" players...not to lock out non-premium members (although you just know that's the way it would go down) but to have a variety of maps and modes from all the DLC, since they can guarantee all premium members can access them...limited to 32 players due to the game modes too, that would work well and you could always drop onto a 64 player Conquest server if you wanted to play the busier maps.