The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Battlefield Moments

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by HaloJ, 18 Sep 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    You know, some time this game just gels. You get good numbers in the server. Lag is minimal and balance is pretty good.

Moments when you claw a TDM back from the brink and win by two kills. :thumbup:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64927331/4/

I just realised after some great games this evening that we didn't have a moments thread.

For those special occasions when you knock a heli out of the sky with a dumb fired rocket. Or just being plain dumb managing to climb out of a heli midflight, turn around, open the chute and jump back in only to be blasted out of the air by a tank as you manage to regain control.

Post your stories good and bad with links to battlelog if you so wish. :bow:

Abs

2. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I'm jelous that I seem to have missed a decent game by going to bed a bit too early.
    I wonder if in future editions when the likes of the PS4 comes out if they will have a feature that can capture in game footage live and post it straight to youtube.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    That's coming to Black ops 2

4. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Everything I do is worthy of a "moment" so I'll just leave it at that :lol:

5. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Is that as in a "senior moment"? Lol

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I don't think we had any real notable 'moments' tonight, but we had some really good games on the Hope server, pulling back some great wins once we had a squad going.

We even managed to get the squad of clanmates on the other team sending us messages, we'd obviously got to them with our varied play style and tactics that involve actually using the weapons in the game :lol:

Anyway, a good lag free night for me (I did check that DMZ setting before going online) with some good crack in our squad and it's really made a nice change to have an enjoyable night on Battlefield after somewhat losing my mojo with the game recently.

Thanks for the squad guys.

7. vitaredux

vitaredux Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    vitaredux
    *We* didn't have any great moments, but the enemy jet that tried to fly through their attack helicopter was enjoyed by me and Halo

8. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Somewhat :lol: though I do have cracking hair brained ideas whilst playing, usually when I'm not playing with SNR, that are pretty nuts and don't usually work but, when they do it's a good "moment" 8-)

the best I can remember would be playing Gulf of Oman and we couldn't get B so every one decided to just leave it basically.. except me.

I decided to rig an F35 with C4, land it at the flag, unleash the DAO12 on the dudes there netting me 16 kills in total. Hide upstairs whilst taking the flag awaiting the incoming tanks/IFV etc. and that's where the C4 rigged F35 comes into play :D

This worked and netted me a shitload of ribbons/kills/points.

My fave thing as of late is to jihad jeeps into tanks etc, getting it to work on low flying helo's is pretty hard to pull off but feels good when it does.

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Got to be phrase of the day!!! :rofl:

10. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    So, after the disappointment of the clan match being postponed I headed on to the SNR server with JK and Ralph. We had a couple of rounds of pissing around, and a guy from the LEO clan joined. JK headed over on to the other team so it was 2v2. We had a good round on Grand Bazaar, then came Rush on Canals.

So me & Chilly notice that it's now 2vs4. Okay. We managed to keep them at bay for a while. The pressure was on, and I managed to sneak in and get Ralph's tags while Chilly blew JK out of the sky. We had a breather!

Suddenly, a chopper is above us and Comm B is going. We both turn and run towards it, just as JK ****ing roadkills BOTH of us in the bastard chopper! :clap: There was laughing on our end!

Bastard. :evil:

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    It was a fun night that last match with all them Rank 100 colonels had my head done on :lol: had to have a break so jumped on Resident Evil 5. Road kill was funny :D shame about the numbers :(

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Actual Battlefield Moments

13. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Had some good games last night. DrewePeacock and I are both still working heavily towards assignments but agreed to team up to work towards the main battle tank destroys with a helicopter assignment.

We both have the nose laser as the pilot, reducing our effective killing ability as this replaces the pilots guided missiles (the main missiles track ground vehicles slightly meaning you hit with almost every shot) and the guided missiles as the gunner.

This is a great combo for enemy helicopters as you can laser paint them and fire off the pilots heat seekers to force them to deploy their countermeasures and them BAM, take them out with a laser guided missile!

We had some fun on Wake Island absolutely devastating ground troops but were pretty unsuccessful at locating tanks.

Operation Firestorm was next and our first run in the helicopter saw us get 3 tanks destroyed totalling 6 kills within the time it took to reload the guided missile twice!!

Such a great combination...and so much closer to signing off another Assignment after last night.

14. DrewePeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Thanks for not mentioning the Armoured Shield match where I got 0 kills and 17 deaths.

Feck...

15. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    sounds like me lol

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders

No worries fella

17. DrewePeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
  18. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Me too :?

19. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    When things go well in the helicopters?

20. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Smurfs in helicopters :wtf: :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice