Multi Battlefield E3 videos and screenshots

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lots of videos and screenshots from E3, including some live play of an Alpha version of the game.

"Angry Sea" single player gameplay:

Commander mode trailer:

"Siege of Shanghai" multiplayer trailer:

Live, 64 player, Battlefield 4 combat:

Screenshots:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some in depth squad gameplay info.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some of this Is a bit nerdy and It drags on for nearly 20 mins.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
According to a few sites, And the @Battlefield Twitter account which posted on May 21st, BF4 will release on October 29th 2013 for PS3 and Xbox 360, Being a Tuesday I wouldn't be surprised If we don't get It until Friday, Nothing on the PS4 though................
http://mp1st.com/2013/05/21/dice-officially-announces-battlefield-4-for-the-xbox-one/
http://bf4nation.com/battlefield-4-release-date/

.....................Having said that, I was on the Littlewoods website earlier and they have It down that delivery will be by December 13th for the PS4 and BF4
http://www.littlewoods.com/playstation-4/e/promo/180600031.end

I have no idea If anyone already knows this but this Is the first I've heard of release dates.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It doesn't sound unrealistic for it to be a fortnight after console release.

Though it seems odd that they wouldn't just make it a launch title given that the console is out a month after the game comes out on other formats.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BF4 has been confirmed as a day 1 launch title. November 21st has been strongly rumoured for a while but I would just take sometime in November as a safe bet. It is possible we may get it a week or 2 after the US.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some information has appeared for the new version of Battlelog. The full article can be found here, but it essentially is more of the same (setting up classes / loadouts etc) with the addition of using it as a second screen for Commander mode etc.

One interesting thing that the article says is "There are even geo-leaderboards, which uses your location to create leaderboards based on the other people playing in your town or city. Impressive stuff." So you'll end up with very Partridge-esque quotes of "I was the top player for that time of day in the Worcester area..."

Anyway, the full Battlelog trailer is below. I haven't got speakers at work, so I've got no idea what they're saying. They could be talking about chicken for all I know.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To be honest this seems very much like Battlelog as it already exists, which is no bad thing. I've probably spent 100 hours or more looking at Battlelog between BF3 sessions, checking out what unlocks I can work towards, looking at game stats and leaderboards and of course setting up my classes prior to an evening session.

I'm still not overly convinced on the commander mode addition to the game, they're going to allow you to play this whilst on the move which will inevitably lead to many people starting a session as commander, then hitting a black spot and getting disconnected or their connection being so slow that it's anything but real time (i'm think EE here with their fantastic 100mbps connection that's rarely available to anyone). Or people playing at work and their bosses coming over and them having to leave it alone.

The geo-scoreboard thing could be interesting, but I don't think it'll really add much to the game, though I suppose you may find some people in your town who are playing and be able to hook up with them, depending of course how it determines your location....my internet location reports as London as I skip local exchanges in favour of a direct fibre pipe to London.

Excited about the game but these features don't really bring anything to the table other than Battlelog being usable on machines that aren't running high resolution displays (currently battlelog is complete crap on anything less than a high res screen because of the locked sizes of some of the menus meaning everything is off screen without a scroll bar).