• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Battlefield 5 will still be military themed, says EA CFO

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The next main game in the series will not move away from the battleground

The fifth game in the Battlefield series will once again be a military shooter, despite the upcoming police-themed Battlefield Hardline placing the series in a new environment.

Hardline focuses on police and SWAT teams and the war on crime in urban environments: something of a departrue from the usual team-based military combat featured in the main Battlefield games.

However, during Tuesday's 2014 UBS Global Technology Conference, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen revealed that Battlefield 5 will once again be military themed, GameSpot reports.

Mentioning that he had already seen Battlefield 5 in action and that it was shaping up to be a "fun, new Battlefield," Jorgensen added: "That will be a return to a Battlefield military-style game, more to come on that."

EA confirmed in late October during its Q2 FY 2015 financial results call that Battlefield 5 will be released in "holiday 2016".

The announcement affirmed recent suspicions that the next game in the main Battlefield series would give way to the release of the also DICE-developed Star Wars Battlefront, due in late 2015.

Nothing else is known of the title, which will likely still be in the earliest stages of development at DICE alongside Battlefront and the studio's other major triple-A project, Mirror's Edge 2.

Source: CVG

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
To be honest I think I am more interested in Star Wars Battlefront at the moment as DICE are developing it and we are long due for a new Battlefront.
I really wish with Battlefield that they will make 2143, now that would be interesting all this present day military gaming is all getting samey

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yep, likewise. I'm looking forward to Battlefront as well.......BUT I wont be getting excited about it.

To many recent games have disappointed.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yep, likewise. I'm looking forward to Battlefront as well.......BUT I wont be getting excited about it.

To many recent games have disappointed.
Yea I know what you mean. ..hopefully it will be good

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Too many Battlefield games have been broken for too long.

I'd rather Star Wars was being developed by a competent developer to be honest....and BF5 can bugger off, it's taken over a year for BF4 to actually work well and I've paid for the game twice with the premium subs that gives me access to a load of bollocks DLC that don't add anything positive to the game.

Screw DICE.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There was an interview with some of the devs which mentioned that they want to return at some point to WWI/II