PS4 Battlefield 4

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have you heard of the issues with BF4 on PC and PS4?

I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order and picking up later this year.

Apparently there are massive issues with online and single player that DICE have still no patched out.

They are suppose to be releasing a patch for the PS4 version next week.

Anyone else heard anything?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've seen some of the reports, and I'm sure Xbox One will suffer the same issues when it's released.

I won't be cancelling my pre-order. Every game has issues when it's released, and at least those kind people in America are testing the game on PS4 for us before it comes out over here. Like you said, a patch is coming next week. It will be sorted soon.

And if it is really bad, there's always Killzone. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah i'm still getting PS4 and BF4.

I'll keep playing it through any bugs the same as I do with every other game I buy.

If it's game breaking i'll have other games I can play too but I doubt it's gonna be game breaking.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's currently a DDOS attack against BF4 and the cod servers. There's a ps4 patch due next week which is going to sort this out apparently

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ahh maybe that's the reason then - I need to stop reading all these articles about the negative bit's.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@mrdjmo Tell me about it!! You never quite know if its a troll or its for real. But as everyone has said here, Battlefield 3 was a bit broken upon release, and a few patches soon sorted it out. Ive no doubt that even if the ps4 verson has a few issues, it wont be for long.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ye fingers crossed they sort it this week or early next week in time for EU launch.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@mrdjmo Tell me about it!! You never quite know if its a troll or its for real. But as everyone has said here, Battlefield 3 was a bit broken upon release, and a few patches soon sorted it out. Ive no doubt that even if the ps4 verson has a few issues, it wont be for long.
A bit broken?!

Borderline unplayable with shite comms to boot!!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Was the comms ever fixed on BF3 i dont remember lol

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A bit broken?!

Borderline unplayable with shite comms to boot!!
The comms is still messed up, with strange foreign kids screaming in high pitching tones, and the stairway roof glitch at Metro is still there (!!!!!),
but other than that I never really understod why some people refered to it as "broken". Bugs, yes... but unplayable?

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The comms is still messed up, with strange foreign kids screaming in high pitching tones, and the stairway roof glitch at Metro is still there (!!!!!),
but other than that I never really understod why some people refered to it as "broken". Bugs, yes... but unplayable?
Very poor in the early days but not too bad now...

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
BF4 is too big to be allowed to fail, it will be patched, not much consolation to those waiting though. I would not be too concerned, most multiplayer games have bugs and glitches to start with.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
DICE are offering a week of Double XP from 28th November to 5th December as a thank you for our patience...

To show our appreciation for your patience as we work through these issues, we are announcing that from November 28 through December 5, we will reward all players with Double XP for every multiplayer match they complete. We understand that the launch issues may have impacted your progression, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back the XP that you may have lost. Also, to cap off the week, on December 5 we will give all players that log in to Battlefield 4 multiplayer a M1911 pistol scope. This special sidearm scope, previously reserved for our DICE developers, has a 3X zoom and is available for all classes in Battlefield 4.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
does the ps3 version have problems,? Might get that instead of pc version

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
does the ps3 version have problems,? Might get that instead of pc version
I haven't played the PS3 version, so I'm not sure. If there are any, they're not being shouted about as much as the PC version.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I WANT THE M1911 SCOPE!!

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice idea, but without having our own server we won't be able to specify things like that. We could just wade in to a random server using pistols only! :D
Nice idea, but without having our own server we won't be able to specify things like that. We could just wade in to a random server using pistols only! :D
Or shotguns ;) ha

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think they should introduce pistol whipping