• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Battlefield 4 update today

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No idea what it is, just had a text saying there was an update, I think it's something to do with naval battles ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd rather it was a patch to fix some errors (which it possibly is).

Belly button battles could be fun though :o

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Hmmm, nothing wrong with belly button bashing, it's the sea-men I worry about!

Still not sure if it fixes any bugs

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It is a patch...

March 4 PS4 game update notes
  • Several crash fixes and stability improvements
  • Various improvements for Spectator Mode
  • Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
  • Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
  • Added default player slots to server browser filters
  • Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
  • Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
  • Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
  • Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
  • Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
  • Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
  • Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
  • Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
  • Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
  • Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
  • Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
  • General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
  • Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
  • Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
  • Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
  • Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can't plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
  • The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
  • Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
  • Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
  • Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don't get stuck at relatively minor hills
  • Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
  • Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water
  • The SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
  • The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
  • The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
  • The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
  • Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
  • Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No c4 fix then....,:brick:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No c4 fix then....,:brick:
Is that just the statistics thing? If so it's probably about the final thing on their priority list, it might even be getting recorded just not showing on battlelog.

Getting the game in a fit for sale state should be their number one priority at the moment.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is that just the statistics thing? If so it's probably about the final thing on their priority list, it might even be getting recorded just not showing on battlelog.

Getting the game in a fit for sale state should be their number one priority at the moment.
I know what you mean! I just got me teeth into it for some reason.

Tbh even with all the bugs I love the game, well worth the £90 I paid for it let alone the outlay for the ps4 and ps+
I get more mileage with battlefield than any other game apart from gran turismo

It's just the c4 stat is so bloody annoying :/

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone manage to get today's gold battlepack? It was supposed to be there but I've not got mine yet!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought I would give the campaign a blast yesterday only to find that there was an update as I hadn't played it since Christmas. After the update I had to do pretty much all of the China sea chapter again as it hadn't saved my save point pretty much at the end of it.
anyway, finished that chapter and the damn thing locked up.
Today I switch it on and there another half hour update to 1.09, so frigin annoying. I am hoping that my saved game is safe as I don't think I could be bothered to do it again.
I am still an online virgin, I might give it a go later today. Starting out as a noob and not being very good, what advise would anyone give regarding a good starting point , maps and modes to play on without getting totatally anihalated, players class, weapons set up etc?

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Acegadgets dunno if this is sound advice or not
Are you a total online newb or just battlefield 4?

When I started any new game I got shot to ribbons, your bound to as you wander around unfamiliar territory, don't get disheartened and it will come
There is some extremely good players out there

Just go to quick match, you then have a choice for game modes
Conquest being big maps with the aim to capture bases, more chance of raking up points here than maybe other game modes and some maps are so big you won't get shot so much unless you end up in operation locker!

Death match and squad death match is just that, shot anything with a red dot above his/hers head, not so much points available but smaller and quicker maps so you will get shot

If you start there I'd choose the assault class as you won't need to worry about tanks and other vehicles you will find in other modes

At the end of the day, just enjoy it....

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would go for conquest on a server with very few players. That way you get a chance to look around and get some XP without being shot to pieces all the time.

A good tip is to start out on the Testing range to get a feel of different weapons and vehicles.

My third tip is to play in a squad with friends that can revieve you when you get shot. As we are a friendly bunch, most of us would gladly play asssault class for a few games to help you out...

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
But @Acegadgets has not yet got his PS4 that he is so keen to get. Has anyone got BF4 on the PS3?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've played all the previous battlefields, started getting a bit annoyed with the last one last summer as my poor internet connection made it pretty much unplayable. I was a pretty high rank in BF 3, a battlefield veteran but it seems like a life time since I started from scratch and cannot remember the best way to start..
I just had a few games on the new conquest maps, and I did quite like it. I didn't,t get many kills but got a few points for actually hanging around the control points. I will have to percivere as one class and try to unlock some vehicle killing weapons. A grenade launcher against a tank doesn't work too well.
I can't seem to find the spot button, which used to be helpful, have they done away with it?
played on 5 maps, got something like a 3 to 1 death to kill ratio then the PS 3 locked up again. same thing happens yesterday onBF 3. Is the game broken ? My other games, Don't cause it to freeze up.
so far no lag issues, but during the daytime I don't really expect it to.
Does anyone play the PS 3 version still or am I the only one?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Same drill as previously, nip onto TDM to get some kills under your belt to unlock some basic attachments for your guns then blast a bit of conquest to work on kit unlocks.

I'd suggest unlocking some attachments for the initial carbine (AK5C) as you can use this with every class and it's one of the better guns, it'll serve you well while you unlock your kit items.

Also remember to activate boosts whenever you have any available (get them from battlepacks, which you get as rewards for various things).

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Found a glitch today, probably one of many but its one I found! Dunno who was up there or even how they had done it....booo

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Found a glitch today, probably one of many but its one I found! Dunno who was up there or even how they had done it....booo

Yeah I saw some cheating bar stewards the other day doing this very thing. How utterly pointless.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cant you send that pic to Dice?
I'd do it if I thought they would look at it! I used to ask questions on their twitter feed and until bf4 came out they'd usually reply, but they stopped replying to my questions and now they look like they don't tweet at all for 3 weeks or more