• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Battlefield 4 - The SNR Platoon

Northlander

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I know I came here under Warframe, but BF4 was always going to be my 'modern warfare' multi-player game.

Back during the PS3 era as much as I played both CoD & BF, I preferred the online portion of BF3 so much more than any CoD game, so when I knew I'd be moving to the PS4, CoD would be left with the last gen console and all my focus would be directed into the Battlefield franchise.

Since joining SNR I've signed up for the platoon and sent/accepted Battlelog FR's for when I finally get on, as this weekend when I tried I was getting 'unable to connect to Battlelog servers' errors. Add to this my issues with being unable to buy *any* DLC season passes (not just BF4, but also Killzone and ACIV Black Flag)

Now with messing around with my CC details, my PS4 is reporting my details are now incorrect and cannot buy anything from the PS Store now or even add funds!

I do have China Rising from pre-ordering, but if I'm going to hit the online world of BF I would like to be Premium as in the long term it's cheaper than buying each DLC pack at £11.99 a shot!

So if I can get everything sorted I'll be on for some games (and plenty hand holding initially)

See you all in the dust soon!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thats cool mate. To be honest, like books, I've always got a couple of games on the go. Whilst Warframe is my current fave, I can be found on BF4 and Child of Light at the mo. And hopefully Wolfenstein very very shortly.

Northlander

Reaction score
HELP! :D

Ok SNR, my PSN account details have *FINALLY* been resolved!

So here's the big ask...I need someone to show me the in's and out's of how we play in our 'platoon' I know I've been invited to it and I have the SNR emblem, so that looks set.

As I've only got around 30 minutes of online game time, I'm seriously underpowered with limited unlocks, so if anyone could help me get a footing in our BF community within the game I'd be most grateful :bow:

Maybe @DrewePeacock or @Plaxinator could assist? ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HELP! :D

Ok SNR, my PSN account details have *FINALLY* been resolved!

So here's the big ask...I need someone to show me the in's and out's of how we play in our 'platoon' I know I've been invited to it and I have the SNR emblem, so that looks set.

As I've only got around 30 minutes of online game time, I'm seriously underpowered with limited unlocks, so if anyone could help me get a footing in our BF community within the game I'd be most grateful :bow:

Maybe @DrewePeacock or @Plaxinator could assist? ;)

Just get on and play with any of us.

When a certain number of platoon members play in the same game their score counts towards platoon score, think it's four players but you can basically ignore that.

As for unlocks, just get squadded up with our guys and you'll come on in leaps and bounds mate, jump in a helicopter with any of our pilots and you'll soon start getting helicopter unlocks, same with IFV's and Tanks, just get yourself in one with an experienced player and the unlocks will come soon enough.

For class/weapons unlocks just play the game, play the objectives and stick with your squad.

Weapons wise a lot of the starting weapons are some of the best in the game, the AK5C and AK12 are both very good weapons, looking at my stats these are two of my top three most used weapons. Find attachments that you're comfortable with.

To unlock attachments you need to get kills with that particular weapon, which can be slow work initially until you unlock a basic scope/sight you're happy with but stick with it.

Attachments wise you can use the battlelog website which shows all the stats of each attachment so it's really easy to figure stuff out these days, but basically silencers will stop you from showing on a map and reduce recoil, but they will also make your bullets drop off sooner. Lasers are only beneficial when you don't aim down sights, so if you ALWAYS aim down sights then don't put one on, bear in mind you can toggle the laser on and off, and generally speaking they make you stand out, the green one stands out less so switch to that when you unlock it.

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Northlander there's usually someone playing BF4 most nights so you'll always find someone on. The two 'main' nights are Fridays and Sundays and @DrewePeacock usually puts up events for these in the Events section.

@HaloJ and I will be playing tonight along with the BF4 die-hards, so do join us for some Battlefield fun. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @Northlander, @ColSonders has given some good advice (always a first for everything). If you ever see an SNR on, you'll always be welcome to join. I'm not back until middle of next week but if you ever see that I'm online just holler and I'll come and hold your hand and save you from the bullies

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When @Plaxinator says she will hold your hand, she will actually ask you to stand still so she can practice her De-Fib kills or some other boosting just so she can get a medal! @DrewePeacock and @NitaNitro5 seem to be on most nights BF4ing, I try and balance my Watchdogs addiction with BF4 now, but will still be on for BF4 games Friday and saturday and Sunday late night.

I hope to be able to get into the Shark Hunt night on Wednesday - although you will need the Naval Strike map pack to actually hunt for it, if we are doing the Megalodon "Levelution"

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We are all "Rankers" here

Northlander

Reaction score
Thanks for the 'Battlefield' welcome!

It was really good last night, from where I was sitting at least! I love how you drop into a squad within the platoon, not to mention being in a vehicle with another member is just bloody brilliant! You properly feel like you're playing something 'big' and richer than a bog standard run & gun, a proper 'conflict sim'

@DrewePeacock had me in his IFV (I think) I was in the turret and we were stalking a tank....I was totally absorbed into the game, he was doing some fancy stealth driving, putting us into a sweet spot allowing me some great chances for attack! It was just devine!

The sheer scale of BF4 coupled with the range of vehicles and the squad gaming had me hooked from day one, and now playing with a dedicated group was worth every penny to go Premium. I know you all have your own play styles, and considering this was my first run out with some of you, what with trying to stay alive, watching the mini map, looking out for my team mates, there was a lot going on, so if I looked like I was running around without a clue I'll apologise, my intention is to play the game as it was designed. So if I'm in your squad, please by all means give me orders, check in with me if you're going for an objective, I'd be grateful for a little direction until I get to grips with the mechanics of the game, and know what I'm looking for :roll:

See you all soon!