• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Battlefield 4 Shortcut Kits Now Available

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
One of the many giveaways during the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month are the Shortcut Kits, voluntary bundles that will unlock various weapons for Battlefield 4 (the base game), allowing you to make up for lost time, or just catch up if you’re new to the game. The Shortcut Kits are now available for download at no cost for a limited time.

Battlefield 4 Premium members will get access to two special Shortcut Kits, on top of two other Shortcut Kits accessible to all Battlefield 4 owners. See below for the handout schedule.

February 18 to February 24
Shortcut Kit: Hand Guns
Battlefield 4 Premium Shortcut Kit: DMR’s

February 25 to March 4

Shortcut Kit: Grenades
Battlefield 4 Premium Shortcut Kit: Shotguns

How to claim your Shortcut Kits

Console Owner

Go to the in-game Store.
Either click on the Shortcut Kit banner or proceed to view “All Items”
Find the Shortcut Kit priced at $0
Premium users will also see a second Shortcut Kit priced at $0
Download each item to be granted your Shortcut Kit(s).

PC Owner

Login to Battlelog
Go to the “Store” section.
Find the Shortcut Kit priced at $0.
Click “Download”.
Proceed through the Origin checkout flow to be granted your Shortcut Kit.

PC Owner (Battlefield 4 Premium Member)

Login to Battlelog.
Look in the “News” section for info on the Shortcut Giveaway.
Click on the “PREMIUM GIVEAWAY” button within the news story.
A success message will display in green at the top of Battlelog if successful.
You have now been granted the Shortcut Kit.

Click here for full conditions and restrictions.

Source: Battlefield Blog

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And now I'm gonna unlock slugs for the SPAS 12 and counter snipe those sneaky sniping bastards at the Achivement-Tower at Operation Firestorm BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And now I'm gonna unlock slugs for the SPAS 12 and counter snipe those sneaky sniping bastards at the Achivement-Tower at Operation Firestorm BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
It's just the guns not the accessories. Bad luck chump.

I have very nearly unlocked all the hand grenades myself. Just got a tiny bit to go on the flares which is the last one.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is helpful to me and @HaloJ, being newcomers to the game. Halo is particularly chuffed as the M1911 pistol is now available, it was her favourite handgun on BF3.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It took me bloody ages to unlock that bloody M1911! :evil:

I have one handgun left to unlock that i've almost got...and I've got all the grenades unlocked.

I'm also most of the way through my Shotgun unlocks.

So really this is only going to be useful for me for DMR's and to be honest if i'd had as much time to put into this game as I would like then i'd already have all the guns unlocked, i'm not all that far off it anyway.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aye very chuffed with the handgun unlocks. :D Also the DMR's as well? Awesome! :D I'm terrible with the base level sniper rifle so had been playing Engineer to get the carbines unlocked and equipped with decent scopes before playing an assault sniper using said carbines to get that classes base kit and the DMRs.

Abs

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Useful for me too as I don't get as much time online these days. Feels like cheating though....

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Useful for me too as I don't get as much time online these days. Feels like cheating though....
I've been thinking about this since I posted and whilst it's lovely for those that don't have the time or have bought in late I'm feeling a bit weird about using the unlocks myself. On the one hand it'll give me easy access to kit that I prefer but on the other means I've not worked for those items. It does indeed feel a bit like cheating. :think:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this since I posted and whilst it's lovely for those that don't have the time or have bought in late I'm feeling a bit weird about using the unlocks myself. On the one hand it'll give me easy access to kit that I prefer but on the other means I've not worked for those items. It does indeed feel a bit like cheating. :think:
It's a bit late now, I've downloaded it on both PS4s!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another thought - if you think that having these free shortcuts is cheating, then you shouldn't be opening the Battlepacks. The ones that you get random weapon accessories in do the same thing - they let you shortcut your way to using these items rather than working your way through playing those weapons until you unlock them.

So frankly you're all cheats anyway! :P

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another thought - if you think that having these free shortcuts is cheating, then you shouldn't be opening the Battlepacks. The ones that you get random weapon accessories in do the same thing - they let you shortcut your way to using these items rather than working your way through playing those weapons until you unlock them.

So frankly you're all cheats anyway! :P
Technically not. Some unlocks are only available through battlepacks for example the green laser or the tri beam attachments.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree with both @HaloJ and @Martok (shocker!). Battlepacks are a cop out but some kit is only available via battlepacks so no choice there.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Technically not. Some unlocks are only available through battlepacks for example the green laser or the tri beam attachments.
I agree with both @HaloJ and @Martok (shocker!). Battlepacks are a cop out but some kit is only available via battlepacks so no choice there.
Indeed but some unlocks are available in the normal way. So you should forego the Battlepacks on this basis alone if you're really concerned about 'cheating'. ;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm trying to complete each gun, so I'm gonna stop using each one at 510 kills (or whatever it is for that weapon) when I've got the Master dog tag and the final Battlepack.

The problem with this plan is with handguns. You get the final Battlepack at 240 kills, but still have to get 500 to get the Master dog tag. Not sure if I can be arsed with that yet.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How does the XP with these unlocks work? Do you still earn it and unlock stuff at XYZ XP despite already having access to the guns?

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When all said and done its just stuff, makes no real odds that someone worked to unlock it or bought it off the store.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm trying to complete each gun, so I'm gonna stop using each one at 510 kills
...Do that mean that you actually are gonna get 510 kills with the Sniper Elite? I wish you good mental health!:angel: