• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Battlefield 4 Second Assault hits PlayStation next week

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Grab four fan-favourite maps from 18th February, reimagined with Frostbite 3 graphics

Next week, you’ll take a step back in time with Battlefield 4 Second Assault, featuring four fan-favourite maps from Battlefield 3 – Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman, and Operation Firestorm – reimagined with Frostbite 3 graphics. Battlefield 4 Second Assault will be released on February 18th for Battlefield 4 Premium members on PS4 and PS3, and for all Battlefield 4 players two weeks later on 4th March.

Following Battlefield 4 Second Assault will be the third expansion pack, Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, launching in late March for Battlefield 4 Premium members. Stay tuned for the exact date and find all expansion pack information on Battlefield.com. In this expansion, PlayStation owners will experience intense water-based combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. You’ll have access to new weapons, gadgets, and amphibious vehicles, and four all-new maps: Lost Island, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker, and Operation Mortar.

And don’t forget, every day you log into the game in February, you’ll get a free Battlepack as part of Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month.

We’ll see you on the battlefield.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive been in preparation all afternoon for the trophies for Second Assault. I spent all day unlocking everything for the Scout and Assault helicopters, as one of the trophies is get 5 kills in a round with air vehicles. At least now I stand half a chance.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How many of us are Battlefield Premium Members?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Im premium and so's my wife

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've not had a reason to get premium yet, but now is probably the time to pick it up.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its up on the PSN store right now. 4.8gb download.

TheFerret

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
I have had a quick play through on the new maps and reckon Dice have done a pretty nice job. I am not a great fan of metro but I never was on BF3. Caspian Border is my favourite, it plays really well and a few tweaks with the map seem to have made it more fun. I look forward to catching some of you on the battlefield! :1thumbup:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The do look quite nice, but its a bit of a cop out recycling old maps. Id prefer to play new, not old maps, no matter how good they were.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got mine downloaded. BF3 maps are all quite fresh in our minds. It would have been nice to see BFBC2 maps but it will be interesting to play these with 64 players.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oooo, going to pop on a bit later for a blast!

EDIT - I'm downloading it now. Can't believe there is a free shortcut kit for handguns though, can you believe that shit. I spent hours running around trying to get handgun kills to unlock the M1911 to get the trophy and this update let's lazy people get it without much effort! I only have 3 handguns to unlock so I'm going to do it the hard way and unlock them myself!

Last edited:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had a crack on these new maps last night.

They suffer the same stuttering crap as the other DLC, very noticable when driving along, although it doesn't seem to be to the same extent but it's definitely still there.

I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of these maps in 64 player mode:

Metro is the worst BF4 map i've played Conquest64 on, 3 capture points means the whole bloody game is just one big cluster **** around one point, I imagine this map will be awesome with 32 players, but 64 players just ensures the team that gets to the central point first (which needs balancing from what I've seen) can hold it far too easily as there's enough players to have every conceivable route well covered.

Gulf of Oman is pretty sweet, even on 64 players it's nice, doesn't seem over populated like Metro, doesn't appear to be much different from the BF3 iteration other than the immense sandstorm that comes in.

Capsian I also really liked with the whole new underground section on the hilltop point and the huge wall built up.

Operation Firestorm I have never liked in 64 player mode, not sure what it is, probably just how open some of the points feel and their proximity to each other but I've not been able to get into the swing of it.

All told I like the changes they've made to the maps, it's enough to keep things fresh, Caspian in particular has some very nice changes to it.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I didn't get that much chance to play on Operation Metro - joined mid game and only saw the map once. It seemed manic, but then so is Operation Locker.

I liked all of the other maps in Second Assault, nice to see familiar settings but with the tweaks that they have made to them. Overall I think this is a good DLC pack.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I spawned right at the end of the Metro game and died instantly. Can't stand Metro on BF3 so will have no doubt I will hate it on BF4.

Only played Gulf of Oman and Firestorm which I enjoyed but can't wait to play Caspian. One of my favourite maps.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have to say that I'm not really a fan of 64 players, It's far too busy with 14 people in a small corridor all lobbing grenades.