• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Battlefield 4 is Finally complete.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I picked this up off the german games site Ein Kracken. I dont know how to linky stuff so I have written out the gist of the article.

At a meeting of senior managers and account executives in Geneva product development executive Matt Zelinski declared that further work on the Battlefield 4 is now to cease.

"The launch of battlefield 4 has not been an easy ride, but we can now safely say that the game is complete, the game is working to expectations and as from the start of this month we will be encouraging Dice to move its development teams onto other more lucrative projects now that the main game and DLC packs are in the can."

He went on to say, "The issues which remain are largely to do with the state of national internet provision, that is to say we cannot be held responsible for home users having poor quality and slow internet connections and users should be complaining to their ISPs."

EA execs went on to outline new projects that are in the works, namely new Star Wars franchises starting with a surprise Wii U party game Gungan Gungan Party featuring an as yet unnamed character who will be making a major appearance in the new Disney movies.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If this is true (i.e. not an April fools gag) it's the last DICE game i'll be buying given the horrendous networking on this game.
Disgusting that fibre broadband with a consistent 40/10 speed and 10-20ms pings is considered poor quality when most people playing previous DICE products were on far worse connections, myself included and I had no issues with 10/2 speeds and 40+ms ping.

I foresee a class action suit against EA/DICE in the near future given how bad the game is well known to be by some major Battlefield fans that have popular Youtube channels.

(and yes I'm aware that i'll probably buy another DICE game and be equally as pissed off with the poor networking)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As Col has surmised this is an April Fools Gag, I made it all up at work this morning, since it is now midday I shall consider myself the fool since you are obviously all too smart to rise to the bait.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As Col has surmised this is an April Fools Gag, I made it all up at work this morning, since it is now midday I shall consider myself the fool since you are obviously all too smart to rise to the bait.
Not so sure about that. It's was the second time I was fooled in like ten minutes. But then again, I'm swedish :brick:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I for one will never buy an EA game ever again. For the same reason as I will never buy an Xbox.