• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Battlefield 4 campaign

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Personally I hate campaigns with a passion! Its nothing like the online experience and so does nothing for me
I only started it because I was offline for a week just before Xmas and I want the p90 which I think is only available somewhere in the campaign

The last bit I got to was the tank bit, bloody difficult and I didn't get through but the other day I thought I'd give it a go only to find out I had to start from the beginning again!

That's not the 1st time either so balls to it, don't like the p90 that much

Rant over :(

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Same here. Happened to me twice, I've given up for the time being as I can't be arsed looking for all the collectables again.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes I lost my entire campaign after the 3rd update. Ive started it again, but my hearts really not in it. Didnt realise some of the weapons were locked to the single player.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had the same problem after I'd completed it on hard and was replaying the levels. Really irritating! After that I avoided saving or leaving game screens whilst it's saving. Could be coincidence but it didn't happen again. Look out for flashing cursor top right of screen.

Personally I much preferred this campaign to BF3. I actually turned the volume off on BF3! Maybe because it felt more like BF:BC2?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's not the 1st time either so balls to it, don't like the p90 that much
The P90 is an awesome gun!

I think the game save loss seemed for me at least to relate to the game updates, every time the game got updated I lost my save.

I did the whole game from start to finish...twice, for trophy completion over the course of a weekend.

For getting trophies, unlocks and collectables my advice would be to stick it on easy and just blast through in one or two sittings, it's not a long campaign so it should be easy enough. For trophy completion you'll need to complete on Hard...but once you know the game on easy it's not such a big step up, just the enemies bother to shoot back at that point.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ooooooorghhhh..... I can't take no more! Absolutely awful!

I thought I'd try again but its rubbish!
I can't get passed the building site, that stupid chopper pilot keeps asking for instructions! I'd like to give her a few bloody instructions

Just makes me feel sick....

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Um, is that right at the beginning? Have you tried either:
A: just killing everything
B: using the spot button on the enemies so the chopper pilot does it for you

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, as Col says, you need to spot the enemies (tap R1 to select them) and then the chopper pilot will attack them. I made a similar mistake by trying to highlight them (holding R1) rather than just tapping the button.

I'm much preferring the story in BF4 to that in BF3 (never bothered to finish that). It definitely plays better and is more interesting. Currently on my first playthrough, just finished the mission on the Titan. Playing on Hard and will mop up stuff in a second playthrough on Easy.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm going through on easy first, then doing it on hard. I lost my save though, so had to start again.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wasn't it backed up on PSN Plus? It should be automatically.
I tried that, but it hadn't worked for whatever reason. I manually backed up the file to the cloud, and I've got a copy on a USB now. Although, I haven't touched it for a while now. That's what she said.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wasn't it backed up on PSN Plus? It should be automatically.
Didn't work for me that. First time I lost my save it was in the cloud. Second time I lost my save it had gone from the cloud as well. If I ever bother with it again I'll stick the save.on a USB stick as well.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If I ever bother with it again I'll stick the save.on a USB stick as well.
I'm not sure where I've put the copy I had on USB, so I've just made another copy just in case! :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It was backed up on the cloud, but in true EA idiocy, the damn game saves as it boots up. It was only when I went back to the campaign to pick up where I left off that I noticed my cloud save had been automatically overwritten with a duff campaign save.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It was backed up on the cloud, but in true EA idiocy, the damn game saves as it boots up. It was only when I went back to the campaign to pick up where I left off that I noticed my cloud save had been automatically overwritten with a duff campaign save.
Yup that's what happened to me.. Sigh

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have just re-started the campaign, but one thing that I really notice now is just how dumb it is, the whole thing is just too silly for words.Seems to be the trend with modern shooters though, COD2 MW didnt even bother with a coherent plot.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
1st campaign I've ever bothered to complete - mainly as it is so short! (Don't bother @DrewePeacock !)