PS4 Battlefield 4 campaign done!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just completed it today. Best Battlefield campaign by far. The animations are just stunning. But of course its for the multi player that we've bought it. But for those of you that dont normally venture into the story side, I'd say give it a go. Its really not too bad.

Oh yeah, I went premium yesterday too. Anyone else yet?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just completed it today. Best Battlefield campaign by far. The animations are just stunning. But of course its for the multi player that we've bought it. But for those of you that dont normally venture into the story side, I'd say give it a go. Its really not too bad.

Oh yeah, I went premium yesterday too. Anyone else yet?
Wow that was quick! What difficulty level did you finish it on? I might give it a bash, played about 5 mins on normal. Might restart on hard to get the trophies out the way, presume you don't have to play it three times on all difficulty levels to get the trophies?!

I'm getting premium, it would be rude not to. Been looking around for ways to get it cheap but everywhere seems sold out of the discount PSN cards and stuff so I might have to buy it full whack.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about trophies for the difficulty level, but there are trophies for 3 different endings... Hopefully we'll just be able to play through the last mission 3 times, but I doubt it will be as simple as that.

I've played the first few missions so far, and I've been having fun looking for the collectibles and stuff along the way. :)

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You get 3 different trophies for difficulty I completed it on Hard it was pretty straight forward bar the odd glitch etc...

Enjoyed it - might ever re-visit it to complete all the endings.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The trophies stack for the difficulties, and you can just replay the last level. I did it on normal.

I think it took me about 5-6 hours to do. Might be a bit longer. Theres some really good stand out moments in some of the levels. None of them terribly original but all done with a great panache. :1thumbup:

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The difficulty was pretty poor even on hard - I was able on the last 3 missions just run around quick scoping the enemy lol

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The difficulty was pretty poor even on hard - I was able on the last 3 missions just run around quick scoping the enemy lol
Quick scope? ! What do you think this is? COD???

I'm only jealous really. I don't know how to quick scope or I'd have made everyone in Battlefield my bitch by now.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've finished the campaign too, just did it on default difficulty and personally I feel the BF3 campaign was far better.

I'll go back and collect/complete stuff to get the trophies but I don't think i'd play through again if it wasn't for that, whilst I played through BF3's campaign probably 8-9 times all told.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is the BF4 campaign a follow on from the BF3 campaign as I never finished that

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is the BF4 campaign a follow on from the BF3 campaign as I never finished that
I don't think so, I didn't play battlefield 3 and it made no difference to me.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Slaine and anyone else, did you ever have any problems with your save data for the campaign? I completed the first mission, Baku then when it loaded the second mission I quit out. however today it appears my save data is gone! Luckily I uploaded my save to the cloud after I last played so I have just downloaded it and all is well again.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Slaine and anyone else, did you ever have any problems with your save data for the campaign? I completed the first mission, Baku then when it loaded the second mission I quit out. however today it appears my save data is gone! Luckily I uploaded my save to the cloud after I last played so I have just downloaded it and all is well again.
Yup I lost the lot. By the time i realized my game save had been overwritten automatically. Not happy.:rant:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven't gone back to the campaign yet, so I don't know if I've lost the game save. While I hope not, I haven't put too much time in to it, and there are still a couple of guns that I need to find in previous missions.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am well pissed off. Went to play the campaign again earlier and my save had gone AGAIN!!!! It wasn't in the cloud this time either! So now I'm going to have to do all that crap again, finding collectables and stuff. I thought they'd have sorted this out by now. Next time I play I'm going to save it to USB stick as well. NOT HAPPY!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My advice for working towards offline trophies.

Do it in one sitting, stick the game difficulty on hard and use a guide to pick up the collectables. Then do all three endings one after another by reloading the last checkpoint.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My advice for working towards offline trophies.

Do it in one sitting, stick the game difficulty on hard and use a guide to pick up the collectables. Then do all three endings one after another by reloading the last checkpoint.
I was going through on hard and had the first 3 levels done with all collectables. My problem is I get bored so sitting through a single player game all in one sitting is a big ask for me. How long did it take you?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was going through on hard and had the first 3 levels done with all collectables. My problem is I get bored so sitting through a single player game all in one sitting is a big ask for me. How long did it take you?
I had already completed the campaign on normal, so I just stuck it on hard and blasted through, skipping cut scenes and running straight through just concentrating on the trophies.
I did it over the course of two days, think probably a good 8 hours still though.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've only played a couple of hours on this so far, Ac4 & gta v still dominating my gaming time.

LesTom1

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got the last mission to do and that'll be me finished the campaign. I've really enjoyed it so far, a lot more than I did with BF3's campaign.