Battlefield 3 Thursdays 9.00pm

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is the place for ongoing discussion relating to our weekly Battlefield 3 sessions on Thursday evenings.

For anyone new to the game we usually get going around 9pm and where possible try to use our own rented server (searching for SNR should find this).

All are always welcome and usually we'll not have the server set up with DLC enabled to ensure everyone can get on (and because the core game is better) but will from time to time have a night with DLC enabled to allow those with the DLC to actually get some value out of it.

If you want to pop along and join in the fun feel free, the more the merrier/bloodier/funnier/explodier.

If you have any specific requests (relating to the game nights) this is the thread to post them and we'll do our best to accommodate.

This event thread takes over from the separate event threads that were posted on a weekly basis as of 15th November.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I should be able to make the 15th, it will be the first time back on BF3 for a few weeks so be kind ;)

What are the setting for tomorrow?

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Depends on numbers although I think I can say with a fair amount of certainty that AK will not be played and CQ will only be selected if specifically requested.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's double XP week on BF3 don't forget

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, it had. They always seem to do double XP when I can't play. Sonofabitch.

In other news, it looks like my broadband will be up and running on the 21st November. *twitch*

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
well thats a bit gay its for premium members only.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm going to see if my internet issues are still persisting on BF3. Havent really tried it since my DIY attempt to fix my lag last week. Will probably be off before 9 pm though.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We'll probably go back to fairly core settings this week, i'll try to get on the server tonight to check everything is in order.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
mick said:
well thats a bit gay its for premium members only.
*Polishes Premium badge and waves it at Mick* :P

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK guys and girls, rotation set to standard 1, which is core+karkand.

The server has been set to 24 players (when I logged on last night it was set to 16 for some reason, I thought this bug was fixed!)

And i'll try to get on for around 9pm. See you guys there

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Somebody stab someone for me!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
DrewePeacock said:
Somebody stab someone for me!
Who? Send me their name and address I'll sort them for you ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So, this week to have a change from the norm we're gonna be doing a bit of co-op trophy hunting for the most part.

I'll be there at the usual time looking to partner up to get that sniping trophy knocked off my list for the platinum.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thats a good idea. I like the co-op, but Im stuck on the sniper level. I can get right to the embassy then someone runs off inside and game over. Bloody annoying!!

PS
I'll be there too. Suggest we pair up now to avoid confusion. :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As Halo mentioned elsewhere, this is a good idea and a nice change for folks. :) We shall use the time to do some co-op ourselves - on Borderlands 2 - in the hope that we'll finally complete the story or at least get a step closer to it.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
ColSonders said:
So, this week to have a change from the norm we're gonna be doing a bit of co-op trophy hunting for the most part.

I'll be there at the usual time looking to partner up to get that sniping trophy knocked off my list for the platinum.
If I wasn't on night shift I would love to do this, only need to do that mission on Hardcore and not get seen. Last two trophies I need :(

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
ColSonders said:

If I wasn't on night shift I would love to do this, only need to do that mission on Hardcore and not get seen. Last two trophies I need :(
Gimme a shout sometime for that one on hardcore, I don't actually think it's any different from the easy difficulty.

The mission itself isn't too difficult, doing it without the enemy alerting each other is just silly though.