The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Battlefield 3 Premium Double XP

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by DrewePeacock, 24 Aug 2012.

1. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    Hi all

I've just seen that the forthcoming Double XP weekend for Premium members has now been extended!

Double XP starts at 01:00 BST on Saturday 25th August and finishes at 13:00 BST on Friday 31st August.

I like!

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Blimey, I didn't know it had been extended for that long! :clap:

We've got an event on Saturday night and there'll be one next Thursday as usual. Maybe we should have some more this week to make the most of it. :D

3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Are we doing CQ-DLC on saturday?

I think Ace was wanting to play a bit of it since he's now got it and those who aren't already rank 45 will really benefit from playing CQ.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    We can do if no-one objects. :)

*EDIT* I've just noticed that Buckaroo said he was going to try and make it on Saturday and he doesn't have this, plus I advertised the event as standard+Karkand maps. So maybe we see who turns up before switching to CQ-DLC or we do this next Saturday?

5. DrewePeacock

DrewePeacock May contain sarcasm
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    DrewePeacock
    I'm up for it. I haven't really played that much of CQ, so it could be a laugh!

6. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Absolutely, CQ is great on double XP, especially Ziba Tower and Scrap Metal domination where the flags are close together and easy to get at. Worst one IMO is Donya, hate that map.

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Awesome. They said if they got 5000 shares on Facebook theyd extend the period. Cant wait. Im currently spamming my way through the ranks as we talk anyway. Trying desperately to get some of these assignments. God theyre tough. Kill someone with a repair tool!!! All good fun though

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Repair tool is fairly simply. Just takes a bit more than a stealth knife kill. The hard one is the kill with an EOD bot.

9. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

I got both of them by making the boy join the game on the other team, That EOD bot Is a right twat to drive.

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Well I must be the only person who got it from just being freakin wizard :)

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

But It only took me about 4 minutes to get both, You?

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    About the same. I spotted Ace n Shad hiding in a garage at C on Seine. Drove the eod in and managed to get shad before they noticed. :thumbup: Oh how I cheered!

13. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    I noticed it, just spent to long trying to kill it instead of leaving it or blowing it up :lol: though Halo did help me get mine sorted :D

14. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Double points has just helped me to get to the Colonels club today. :D

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I managed to spam my way up 11 ranks over Saturday and Sunday. Ive been concentrating on some of these Assignments, but now I wish I got at least a Service star on Recon kit or worked on my vehicles some. Ive hardly got anything for any of the vehicles, and my flying isnt too bad (apart from the Heli), but when I combine shooting I couldnt hit the side of a barn door. :cry:

Still, theres another double XP in Sept so I'll work on it then.

Cant believe how quickly you can go through the ranks with double XP and the right game modes. One game (CQ Dom I think) I got 54,000 experience points. Most welcome I can tell you :thumbup:

16. LSD-39

LSD-39 Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    LSD-39
    Congrats on the rank ups guys, I got literally millions of my points from playing Ziba Tower during double XP events, and my vehicle unlocks were mostly from capturing flags with vehicles on wake island and other such maps. Wake is good for the AA vehicle unlocks as it spawns at the beach flag and you can drive it around.

I also capped flags with the attack choppers on wake and kharg.

Main battle tanks I mostly got on Operation Firestorm, there's a general understanding currently that the best way to crew a tank is to have the guided shell as your secondary weapon. When I play with friends we take turns to man the CITV station and laser paint enemy choppers, when its lit up i'll track it across the sky while the driver locks on with the guided package.

After a hit we usually switch seats, its loads of fun and it'll really pay off in Armoured Kill if you have the third seat unlocked for tanks, laser designated targets receive much greater damage from the top down attack. From the 3rd seat you can also earn hits for your laser designation medal and anyone with a javelin can lock onto your target even without line of sight.

Anyone who has difficulty with the jets should really try all the control schemes from the options screen until you find something that feels natural to you, it makes a massive difference and its worth a few deaths to get it right, think mine is Lefty / Legacy - but i'm not left handed lol :)

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Not been on this weekend full of cold do done some single player games.

18. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I think i'll be narrowing my server search down to wake island (only) so I can try to get a few of my vehicles kitted out with these new fangled gadgets that LSD talks about.

19. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I was working on my Recon kit this morning, which has been totally and utterly neglected. Glad I did. That MAV is just awesome!!! I tried out the Mortar too (on a no Mortar server too, naughty I know but these micro rules are so stupid and petty :evil: ), which was hard to get kills, but when I walked around after shelling the crap out of the place there was so much rubble!! :o :shock: :lol: Ive also got 13/30 of the assignments done, and have made some good headway already on some of the others.

But now Ive used up all my PS3 privileges this weekend, so Im going to have to wait to the next double XP to work on the vehicles.

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Still full of cold with aches and pains but might jump on today and service star my Recon and Support :)

Ace search for vehicles only server lol there fun :-\

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice