1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Battlefield 3 MK342165358?? Shotgun of shame

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Jkrohn1, 6 Jul 2012.

1. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Last night while playing on Conquest Domination a game mode from the Close Quarter's add on, I got my ass handed to me by the said shotgun. I can't remember the name but I can remember everyone who used it getting a kd ratio of holy Jebus. It's an assignment weapon from B2K which takes a lot to unlock, I have added this gun to my gun of shame list as I was sometimes getting shot from the other end of the map and getting killed in one shot. Although I love BF3 I think the shotguns are a little over power, and there range exceeds believability, and I also think the sniper rifles have been under powered some taking 4 hits to kill. I have had a few games with shotguns on CQ maps and modes and think there the best way to pad your stats but this should be done within reason. Due to the said shotgun taking the p*ss many gamers got sick and left mid game and in the end I did the same.

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Re: Battlefield 3 MK342165358?? Shotgun of shame

Aye it is an awful brutal monster. I hung around for two rounds of abuse but left due to the balance being skewed to those with 100s of hours play with silly shotties against ducks. I was a duck. *quack*

Still after leaving and going into that room with a mix of modes it was rather good fun. I think we were all surprised when Team Deathmatch cropped up and you couldn't get closer when we won by 1 kill! :woot:

3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders

It's very similar to the USAS-12.

The USAS used to fire more pellets out I think, but that's been turned up a little for the Jackhammer (MK2137652) to balance it. So the USAS does slightly less damage per blast but can sustain fire for longer, other than that both similar weapons.

Same with the 870 and SPAS, basically identical guns and lethal to boot, far more lethal than the Jackhammer and USAS in fact. Just you need to aim the 870 and SPAS BEFORE firing, not after.

I was getting raped* by some laggy git last night who was using the SPAS, I was using the JNG-90 bolt action sniper rifle with iron sights, so I probably deserved it, but none the less I know when I've hit someone and there were times when neither one of us could possibly have missed each other, coming round corners face to face, our guns already with their muzzle in the other players chest and I was firing first, yet he killed me and I did no damage to him. Probably that lag compensation crap they have, but by god it was annoying.

The secret to not getting killed by the auto-shotties is to engage at distance, unfortunately this basically means don't play the CoD DLC, but in normal games modes you can counter shotguns very easily, they'd have to be very lucky to get kills on you at range.

* not a term I like to use within gaming, but suitable here given the 8-1 kills rating he had on me

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ

CoD DLC :lol: far too accurate.

To be honest I think that room was struggling to keep up with the number of pellets being blasted about as I actually saw soup like slowdown on a few occaions. Martok DC'd totally at one point only to reconnect and appear in front of me right as Shaolin was firing, lag that time saved my arse. :thumbup:

I think I've used the 870 but as yet I've not unlocked the spas which seemed to fire faster.

5. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders

Does it? I've unlocked all the guns and from what I can tell the SPAS and 870 are on par with each other and the DOA is also a bit tasty, the autoshotties are only really any good in very confined area's or in combination with a good pistol for longer ranges.

Actually that's how I used to play Socom when using the auto-shotty! Have that equiped for running and gunning but then quick swap to the handgun when people with slightly out of range. I should probably get into that habbit on BF3 too, it might even get me using the scoped magnum.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    That was a great game, then we lost a one by 2 :O very close games :)

7. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ

My stats attest to the fact that I use pistols a hell of a lot! Although the lack of ribbons also suggests that I make less than 4 kills per round using it. I've seen the scoped magnum (mmmm ice cream) used quite a bit by some OAPs. My heart lies with my trusty ol' M1911.

It's a shame that http://symthic.com don't yet have the data (or aren't showing the data) for the shotguns. Very interesting time to kill stats with the M1911 (naked) vs the Magnum (also stripped of it's wrapper revealing delicious ice cream covered in a crunchy chocolate shell).

M1911 vs Magnum

8. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders

I'm a M1911 guy through and through, as my stats attest to (clear of 200 kills with the M1911 guns and barely more than 50 with any other handgun)

It might not be the best handgun going off any one particular statistic, but it's fairly high powered for a handgun, with a nice rate of fire and a decent enough clip size, I think it's the most powerful of the semi-auto handguns and certainly the better of those at range as it's recoil is very low. The revolver types may do more damage per shot, but if you miss a shot it takes an age to get another one off.

For me the M1911 is the best all rounder and my favourite reliable sidearm. I also tend to find I don't get many handgun ribbons, 21 so far, but that's because I only get lots of kills with handguns when using sniper rifles and I don't use sniper rifles all that often.

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I like to mix my handguns up still looking for the one ;)