1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Battlefield 3 Guide - discussion

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Spruijt, 11 Jul 2012.

1. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Great stuff Col. Wants me get into the game asap.

Normally I'm keen on sniping, but I'm gonna give it a rest on bf3 for a while. As you said, teamwork is evrything and it's not in the interest of the team to sit in a corner and wait for a head to pop up ;)

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Re: Battlefield 3 Guide - from Virgin to Veteran

Great work col maybe it should have been posted on the Home Page although it's more like a community guide rather then an everyone guide :)

3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders

Funnily enough Ace said the same thing.

I've took the first section and posted it to the front page (currently pending approval) as a tester with links to each section here for full members.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Good ;)

5. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ

Although as a sniper getting a spawn point (inside a building so you don't chute in) and spotting with a UAV or motion sensor is invaluable when attacking or defending.

EDIT : Col I'll sort out a couple of images for the post and then send it live tomorrow. :thumbup:

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

If you look at my blog Halo I have a nice BF3 .Png

7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders

Being a recon can produce results when done right.

Currently my only saved battle report I spent the whole round as a recon, but i'm not good at either sitting still, or sniping. So I do tend to play a very aggressive recon with either the AS Val (best PDW in the game, less damage than the others up close, but does essentially that same damage at any distance, no real drop off in power) or I'll use something like the SKS or M39 EMR and use it as a battle rifle with a holo sight, front grip and flash suppressor or laser, rarely engaging anything at more than around 100m distance.

I'll basically choose this class for it's gadgets or if I specifically want to use a battle rifle like the SKS for mid/long range. The spawn beacon is pretty useful if you can sneak past people or be a little creative with it, like sticking it slightly out of the way or on an outdoor map where you'd normally parachute in getting it inside a container or something to avoid the parachute drop.
    The TUGS and MAV are what I tend to pick the class for though, if your team is struggling to get past a choke point they come in very handy for lighting up the enemy and net you a massive amount of points.

I only really bother with the bolt action rifles when I can see a camper that I know I can't get close to, either they're on top of a platform or just so far out of the main area that it'd be unlikely to get round the back of them with a blow torch or claymores or something just as deserving to end the life of a camping sniper. :D

Recon CAN be very useful though, I just think it's the hardest role to play well.

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Yeah I'm not the best and seem to get most my points with the mav, I love the M98 but as I'm not great I don't use it much shame some if the assignments need 50+ kills to unlock :(

9. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets

that's excellent col, learnt a few new things there about different weapons and attatchments

10. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt

I think I need a little bit more practice on the run-and-gun bit. My reaction time is too slow and my aim is even worse. Will try and use the recon in the way Col explained and get some equipment unlocked. Don't think many of us use recon much, so it might come in handy.

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ

This info came from the Close Quarters Guide available with Premium :

Code:
    Attack Order Followed      20 Have a squadmate follow the attack order.
    Avenger Bonus              10 Kill an enemy within 3 seconds of him killing a friendly.
    Comeback                   TBD Comeback from a streak of 5 or more consecutive deaths. Score is number of consecutive deaths x10.
    Defend Order Followed      20 Have a squadmate follow the defend order.
    Designated Target Hit      TBD Score based on how much damage the locked missile does.
    Destroyed Explosive        20 Destroy an enemy explosive (claymore, mine, or C4).
    Dog Tag Savior             50 Rescue a teammate just as he is about to be stabbed.
    Double Kill                40 Kill two enemies in 0.8 seconds of each other.
    Driver Assist              10 Have a passenger in your vehicle kill an enemy.
    Enemy Down                 100 Kill an enemy.
    Equipment Destroyed        20 Destroy a stationary weapon that is occupied by an enemy or equipment placed by an enemy. This includes EOD
    Bots, MAV, Mortar, Radio Beacon, SOFLAM and UGS.
    Flag Capture Assist        50 Participate in a fl ag capture.
    Flag Captured              250 Capture a fl ag.
    Flag Defend                20 Kill someone while you or the victim is in the radius of a fl ag owned by your team.
    Flag Neutralize Assist     150 Participate in a fl ag neutralize.
    Flag Neutralized           200 Neutralize an enemy fl ag.
    Headshot Bonus             10 Kill an enemy with a headshot.
    Heal                       10 Heal points awarded for every 20% health healed on a friendly.
    Kill Assist                10–100 Do at least 10 points of damage to an enemy and have a teammate fi nish them off . Note that this caps out at
    100, as healing can restore the enemies hit points.
    Killstreak Stopped         TBD Kill an enemy who has made 6 or more kills without dying. The score awarded is the number of kills in the
    enemies streak x10.
    Marksman Bonus             100+ Score a headshot with a sniper rifl e. Score is distance to the target.
    M-COM Armed                100 Arm an M-COM station
    M-COM Attack Kill          20 Kill an enemy who is disarming the crate.
    M-COM Defense Kill         20 Kill an enemy who is arming the crate.
    M-COM Destroyed            500 Destroy an M-COM station.
    M-COM Disarmed             200 Disarm an M-COM station.
    Motion Sensor Assist       20 Enemy was killed while in your MAV’s motion sensor range.
    Motion Sensor Assist       20 Enemy was killed while in your T-UGS motion sensor range.
    Multiple Kill              100 Kill four or more enemies within 0.8 seconds of each other.
    Nemesis Kill               TBD Kill the same enemy 6 or more times. The score awarded is the number of kills x10.
    Nemesis Payback            TBD Kill your nemesis. The score awarded is the number of times your nemesis has killed you x10.
    Repair                     10 Repair vehicle points given for every 10% of damage repaired.
    Repair                     20 Repair vehicle points given for every 10% of damage repaired.
    Resupply                   10 Resupply a teammate.
    Road Kill                  10 Run over an enemy.
    Savior Bonus               20 Kill an enemy within 2 seconds of him dealing 50%–99% of damage to a friendly.
    Spot Bonus                 10 Spot an enemy and have a teammate kill them.
    Squad Attack Order         20 Attack an objective that the leader has designated.
    Squad Defend Order         20 Defend an objective that the leader has designated.
    Squad Driver Assist        20 Have a squadmate who is a passenger in your vehicle make a kill.
    Squad Eliminated           10 Kill all members in a squad.
    Squad Heal                 20 Heal a squadmate.
    Squad Passenger Assist     20 Have a squadmate who is driving your vehicle make a kill.
    Squad Resupply             20 Resupply a squadmate.
    Squad Revive               110 Revive a squadmate.
    Squad Spawn on You         10 Have a squadmate spawn on you.
    Suppression Assist         50 Suppress an enemy and have a teammate kill them.
    Target Designated          10 Lock on to an enemy vehicle with the target designator.
    Team Passenger Assist      10 Have the driver in your vehicle kill an enemy.
    Team Revive                100 Revive a teammate.
    Triple Kill                60 Kill three enemies within 0.8 seconds of each other.
    Vehicle Destroy            50 Destroy a vehicle within 10 seconds of an enemy leaving it.
    Vehicle Destroy Assist     10–100 Do at least 10 points of damage to an enemy vehicle and have a teammate destroy it. Points awarded are based
    on how much damage was done.
    Vehicle Disabled           100 Disable a vehicle.
    and yes it was a bastard to format.

12. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada

I found the best games to start off with are TDM. Gets you used to the control scheme so its second nature, and you can play around with bits of your kit and various weapons. Then you can cut your teeth on the big open games, with a modicum of skill (well, if it comes to close quarters anyway. I still suck at sniping).

13. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders

All practice is good, but remember that TDM only gets you well versed in the shooting aspect of the game, it almost completely avoids support actions and does completely avoid vehicles, these are both very important parts of the game and something you'll need to learn to become a well rounded player.

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
  15. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

What the shit!! That sites way too nerdy for me!

16. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Aren't the stats for/from pc rather then Consoles. If so they will be similar but not precious

17. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders

Yup, there's software to record scatter patterns, so that's obviously a PC thing, so I would assume the rest are also collected via PC.

No big deal there's very little differences other than latency and graphics between the PC and console versions, I think the weapons balance is probably identical.

18. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ

The stats are taken from the PC latest patch. The consoles follow with their patch later. Currently I think we are all on the same patch so the stats will be accurate for all systems, according to their forums.

19. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Added some extra bits in this morning and the thread has been split, the guide itself is now here and discussion about it is to take place in this thread.

Some new bits added about specific ribbons that people don't understand particularly well and the bit points table that Halo kindly stole has also been added.

#19 ColSonders, 26 Jul 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: 2 Oct 2013
  20. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Could anyone add some info on what the pros and cons are of the differernt unlocks for your vehicles. With Armored Kill almost out it would be good to know whats best.
    Basically, I cant decide what to use in my Passive / Active and Stance unlocks.
    Has anyone put a mugs guide up for vehicle fitting or wants to?