Multi Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Gameplay Trailer

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think Ace had a good idea with setting the server to the new DLC ONLY the second it's available.

Maybe have it switchable to another rotation that includes other maps/modes too for when we all get on, but switch to new DLC only the rest of the time so that it's easily found when people who've just bought the DLC search for the new stuff.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
True :-\

I need to get on more but i'm currently addicted to Minecraft I blame Halo nd Herm lol
Knob off! I haven't touched Minecraft in a fortnight, It's all Halo!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've the hope gaming server as a favorite and its often full.
The reason I think its full is,
1, They play the new maps quite a bit (so i couldnt join ... but now I can :) )
2 People see that its for girls and think they can get lots of easy kills. (or a playstation girlfriend)

SO, I believe we should change the rotation to DLC only.

put a description something like " Armored kills, Close combat,Karkland only 100% tickets."
Then in the welcome message put "Armored kill here on 2nd Sept"
That way people will look just to see if it has armoured kill maps.
Once in they will see that we are old and easy to kill so might hang around.

I know that when we were OAPs, we used to shy away from rooms that had DLC only in so everyone could play, but to be honest I think virtually all of us have all the DLC now anyway, and everyone that currently plays will be getting armored kill.
i think we should change the rotation now to Karkland and Close combat and get rid of thre old maps. When Armored kill comes out, drop some of the Karkland maps and play All the armoured Kill maps on both modes with the better close Combat maps and an odd Karkland map..

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You can't play the Close Quarters stuff well with other modes. CQ instantly restricts the max number of players to 16.

Having Karkland, Armored Kill and standard maps in the rotation is probably going to be the best. Changing the server text isn't going to help unless we can get the numbers in there in the first place as people filter out the emptier servers so you'd be advertising only to yourself.

We have added "Fair Play Server" to the server name and have included the web address in the server name, the description and also on the server message "Friendly Fire is ON : visit us at http://www.seniorgamers.net.

As for HoPE. It's fully about the boobs. Their server was repeatedly empty except on Thursday where they and another low numbered clan got together to play. Then they started spamming out on Twitter and other locations about come and play with the girls. Every hormonally rampant teenager across the globe then turned up to hump each other's legs waiting for a HoPE girl to arrive.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree with putting on a rotation of standard+Karkand, Close Quarters and Armored Kill is the way forward for reasons already stated. I'd also not want to restrict it to DLC only because we have some Seniors who haven't got this and therefore would not be able to play on their own server.

I think the most important thing for us is to get us all onto our server on one evening a week (which may be Thursday or Saturday or even both?). If we can get enough of us on (typically 12 or more) then the general public will start joining us. Only getting 6-8 of us on leaves us with a near-empty server all evening.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree with Halo.

We can't use the CQ-DLC as it's not compatible with basically the rest of the game, you either have CQ-DLC or you have the rest.

I'd also not want to see the server go 100% new DLC only as it gets boring quickly, but certainly have a very DLC heavy playlist, maybe twice as many new DLC maps as older maps.

I do think it's probably worth thinking over the server title, but as Halo pointed out, we need to populate the server initially for it to even be on other gamers radars, when you search for a server you look at the ones that are almost full, not the empty ones.

We could maybe change the server title to "Senior Newbie Friendly Standard Settings" and have further details in the description such as web address and [SNR] tag. We should probably consider turning friendly fire off as well as this tends to put people off too as they have to think about what they're doing.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I dont mind getting my boobs out if you think it'll work halo.