The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Battlefield 3: Aftermath Premiere Trailer

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Martok, 18 Oct 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Awesome!! :mrgreen: I love the sound of Scavenger mode. I wonder if you get to keep the weapons, or if you respawn with bugger all?

Roll on December!!

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    What a dope!!! :crazy: I mean 27th November for me!!! :woot:

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Looked like 4v4 on the trailer hope it is more squad games as I like them :)

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Nice bit about Scavenger on Eurogamer. I like the fact that its going to be a level playing field kit wise. :thumbup:

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders

Great, another wanky gamemode where I have to use weapons with shitty scopes and no option to remove them.

So far I'm feeling very ripped off with the Premium membership, we've had Close Quarters which restricts your game to 16 players, meaning it can't be played with other maps. We've got Armoured Kill that doesn't work well on consoles because the maps are too big for the numbers and now we've got another game mode that probably won't even be able to be played alongside normal maps either, given the game mode is ripped from close quarters I wouldn't be at all surprised if this will also be 16 player only.
    edit*Place your bets now that the new DLC will be COD DLC mark 2...it even has a crossbow which you can guarantee will be a one hit kill*

I'd love to be surprised by this but so far my only surprises with the DLC for this game are just how bad they are and just how much they don't integrate with the core stuff.

Disclaimer - Karkand is excluded from the above comments and I don't consider it to be part of the Premium pack as nearly everyone had it anyway and no refund/incentive has been given for those who had it already.

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Im interested to see how it works. I'd hate for a really good player to grab the decent guns, and then camp back not letting anyone near them. I hope that death means you respawn back with just the pistol. Gunmaster shows that you can get kills with just a pistol against people with an assault rifle, but if youve got a good squad guarding & hoarding all the decent crap then it'll become a one sided battle very quickly. Cant wait to try it out though

I wouldnt have gone Premium if it was just map packs. I like BF3, but it wouldve got stale very quickly without the introduction of Close Quarters and Armoured Kills game modes.

8. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I don't get that at all.
    CQ bored me to tears in less than one night, it's just too fast paced and FAR too repetitive since you can't mix with normal maps without everyone leaving the server.
    AK I got about 3 sittings out of due to the opposite effect, the maps are just too big so you end up wandering about a lot and again you can't mix it with normal maps because people just leave

So I actually only play the Core and Karkand maps.

I really should get on and play some AK and complete the assignments, but honestly they just don't feel like the same game.

I'm certainly not getting my hopes up for the next DLC being any better for integration into Core maps, gamemode and stupid weapon dictates it's gonna be another COD pack...which at least means we can mix it with the existing CQ DLC.

All in i've just totally wasted my money as I simply don't play the DLC "mini games" and stick to playing the proper game.

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I totally understand where you're coming from on that Col. I actually hoped that the AK stuff would slot nicely into our normal rotation but it doesn't. If you set the server to AK it remains empty for days on end. Stick in normal/karkhand and it gets played in, go figure. The other issue caused by Premium is those that have and those that don't. Karkhand I'd consider part of the basic set and an essential purchase but the rest, I'm not convinced anymore. That said pennies in hours out I've had a metric tonne of fun during my 155 hours of play and do intend to keep on playing.

10. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I'd just like to say...............................
    BAM!!! In your faces!!! And you all took the piss because I didn't go premium! Who's laughing now, Mugs?

;)

11. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Is any of this really a surprise, map packs split communities, less people will buy and play the map packs than buy the original game and so the people who have the packs never play them because they have to go to servers which are actually populated. Of course I am shouting into the gale here, they have sold a ton of map packs and premium packs etc so who cares if anyone plays them or not. The great trick EA have pulled is that they have got people to pay up front for the experience too, regardless of how good it is they have your money.

I would love to play the map packs, but I cant justify a load of cash on something I am not going to get my value out of, eventually there will be last remaining cash hoover from EA where they reduce the price of all the packs to tempt those of us wavering.

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Although look at Killzone, it's almost the metric opposite with that title and we regularly play on DLC content. Uncharted was the same although both titles were played in none DLC mode if someone turned up without it. Premium was a gamble that unfortunately hasn't paid off as Dice have stepped away from the core gameplay with each piece of DLC (bastards). Let's hope that Aftermath and Endgame actually contain something that's more core gameplay rather than CoD experiments.

Lightbox interactive had the right idea with the Starhawk content in that the maps are playable by all but this was after learning the hard way by splitting the community with DLC on Warhawk. It's just a shame Lightbox snarled the core gameplay of Starhawk by not listening to the fan base in the first place.

13. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    For me, Armoured Kills is the weaker of the DLCs. I love the gunship in it, but I havent spent half the time playing it as I did Close Quarters. The gameplay itself is quite short lived thrills, but not as good as Close Quarters. I like it because it brings something different to the table, but I would have to agree neither of the DLCs are better than the main game. But collectively they do create quite a varied experience.

That made me laugh!! :lol:

I think the worse thing about this generation of consoles is DLC. I used to be excited about it, thinking great I can get some more mileage out of my favourite game whilst waiting for the next good one to come out. Soon dissapated when Day One DLC (ie key to unlock whats already on your disc) reared its ugly head. Then I started to note that my friends were becoming fragmented between those that had the DLC and those that dont. Now I hate DLC. I'll only buy DLC for a game that Im a huge fan of, and even then only if I see value in it. Generally speaking I dont buy out of principal, but I am just a humble slave to consumerism and sometimes I do give in.

14. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I like all the DLC happy I got Premium so in your face Herman :P

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    More details from OXM....

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    At least they're making gun master available on it.

I'm still not gonna get my hopes up after the last two DLC packs that just seem to want to move away from the core game.

But stupidly i've paid for them all already (although to be fair I probably would have bought them anyway, i'm not one for holding out until after the initial buzz for stuff) so will give them a try, but I can see another year of playing just the core game plus Karkand...good job that bits totally awesome.

17. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Cracking video here of actual gameplay on the two maps.

Very excited about this one. :mrgreen:

18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    So....a crossbow bolt does more damage than a bullet from a bolt action sniper rifle.

Lame.

Didn't see anything exciting in the video to be honest, hopefully though that means it's gonna be pretty standard fare and fit in with the core maps...I've heard you can actually play standard game modes on it.

19. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Nice flythrough of the map Epicentre for the Aftermath DLC. Looks quite big actually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice