Battlefield 1 Thursdays from 20:30

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Regular Thursday session for some weekday Battlefield 1 action.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@HaloJ @Dogstar @Plaxinator @Jkrohn1 @pablo2008jedi @Waylander and anyone else who is planning on playing Battlefield 1 with us on Thursday/Sunday or at any other time - there's been an update today which you will need to download and install before you can play. Make sure you do so in advance. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've forgotten to download the last two DLC/Expansion packs as well so I've just remedied that and sent them to my PS4. Now all I need to remember to do is to actually turn the PS4 on :D!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Is this event for this Thursday? Just no date on it. If so I'm going to try and make it, will definitely make Sunday tho.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is this event for this Thursday? Just no date on it. If so I'm going to try and make it, will definitely make Sunday tho.
I set this and the Sunday event threads as weekly ones rather than have to post 2 new threads every week. So basically expect there to be a game on Thursdays and Sundays unless we post to say otherwise.

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I re-installed BF1, and will try to join you guy's on Sunday.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I re-installed BF1, and will try to join you guy's on Sunday.
It's good fun, especially as a group. Even with @Jkrohn1 complaining about shooting people and they don't die and other excuses for his low accuracy and tincans-on-string broadband connection. ;) :lol:

Thanks to @Jkrohn1 and @Dogstar for joining me last night. We had some tough rounds to begin with but we did come out on top in some and ended on a win.

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
..complaining about shooting people and they don't die and other excuses for his low accuracy and tincans-on-string broadband connection. ;) :lol:..
Now I remember why I un-installed it a few months ago, I had the same experiences on BF1:stupid:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Now I remember why I un-installed it a few months ago, I had the same experiences on BF1:stupid:
BF1 is fine, it's just that @Jkrohn1 is a rubbish shot. ;)

Since playing Fortnite I've found that I'm now much better at Battlefield 1. My k/d ratio is rising and I'm usually finishing higher in the tables at the end of a game than I did before. So do give it another go!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Argh! I forgot it was a Thursday otherwise I'd have joined you!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Argh! I forgot it was a Thursday otherwise I'd have joined you!
Well make the most of Thursdays and Sundays whilst you can, before you become otherwise occupied with other things! ;)

**Don't forget this Sunday!!!!**

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Was a rough for the first few games glad we ended on a high tho. Top squad thanks to my incredible skills.

Damn my tin can Broadband

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@HaloJ and I probably won't be on tonight or Sunday this week due to daughter staying.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@HaloJ and I will both be on tonight, hopefully from 8pm (but definitely from 8.30pm) for some Battlefield V Open Beta. Do join us if you can @Plaxinator @Pafkes (who I both know have preordered BF V) and indeed anyone else who would like to come along - the beta is now free for anyone to try whether or not you have preordered, so do download it and try it out. :)

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can, and probably will :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I may well do, but I probably won't be on too late as I have been really tired the last few days, but when I go to bed I can't ruddy sleep which just makes things worse, I'm nearly dead on my feet! I've only got one more thing left though I think to finish that Tides of War thing to get the dog tag.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks to @Plaxinator, @Pafkes and @Dogstar who joined @HaloJ and me for some BFV action last night. We had some good rounds and although we were beaten a couple of times, we were generally coming at the top of the scoreboard for our team. Clearly we were doing well as a squad. :)

We'll play some more of this over the weekend so keep an eye out for @HaloJ and me and do jump in if you fancy a game or two.