The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Battlefield 1 Sundays from 20:00

Discussion in 'Events' started by Martok, 25 Jun 2018.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Regular Sunday session for some weekend Battlefield 1 action.

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    no date on this one @Martok ;) wont make it as i am grinding the extra 100% xp on Fortnite BR

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Well I wasted my Sunday night should have play BF1 4 hours and only 1 level with 320% xp booster.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Thanks to @Plaxinator and @Dogstar for joining @HaloJ and me, we had some fun rounds.

Yes, you should have joined us. ;)

I thought it was 220% XP (120% from the Battle Pass and 100% from the XP booster weekend)? Or did they increase it further or were you playing with friends who had friends XP boosts?

I was aiming to get those skins and was grinding towards level 65 for the final piece of the carbon skin. When I unlocked the omega skin and saw that you needed to get to level 80 to get all of the pieces, that's what made me stop. I was only doing this for completion, I'd never actually wear either of those skins (I much prefer the skin I bought from the store). Secondly I don't intend on playing in Season 5 due to the game meta being all about building, bunny-hopping and shotguns (plus the random bullet hit they currently have in). So in all I'll probably just jump on for the final week to complete the week 10 challenges to say I finished all weekly challenges and then that'll be it. Battlefield 1 and then Battlefield 5 for me after that, something I'm finding to be a far more satisfying experience.

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Same damage is rng that should not be in any game, building is hard for me so I die from fast builders without a chance to defend. Definitely won't be getting S5 battle pass. Will still play a little tho.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Now that the holiday season is nearly done, it's time to get back to some regular Battlefield Sundays, especially as Battlefield V is only 1½ months away. So there will be one on Sunday 2nd September from 8.30pm onwards. @HaloJ and I hope to see some of you there @Plaxinator @Jkrohn1 @Dogstar and anyone else with the game. :)

7. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Only a small turnout this week with me and @HaloJ and then joined by @Dogstar later on.

This coming Sunday 9th September we may play the BFV beta rather than BF1. Do join us especially if it's the BFV beta as that will be free for everyone.

8. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I did look just gone 8pm but no one was on.

9. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    That's because the start time is 8.30pm as per the thread title as well as the community event that I set up (which you did check out, didn't you?). ;)

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    WIll be on BF V at around 9pm once shes finished watching Xfactor

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Thanks to @Jkrohn1 for joining @HaloJ and me on BFV beta last night, we had some fun. :)

I'm really liking the BFV beta, it's shaping up to be a rather good game. Really like the new attrition system and the focus on players using their eyes to see enemy players rather than relying on doritos above their heads after someone has spam spotted everyone in the area. I prefer the weapons to those in BF1 and I really like the Rotterdam map (Narvik is fine once you get used to it).

I look forward to playing this again, hopefully with some Seniors, when it releases in November. :D

12. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I’m up in the air still about getting it at release, I will see how I get on with the bambino first, as I might be better off waiting to get it later on.

13. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I thought you had pre-ordered it?

14. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I have, but I can cancel it at anytime as it’s via Amazon.

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Just a reminder to those who have Battlefield 1, there will be the usual Battlefield Sunday from 8pm this weekend. Please come and join @HaloJ and me for some action in the trenches.

If you haven't yet got the Premium Pass, grab it whilst you can, it is free until 16th September.

Battlefield™ 1 Premium Pass

Foundry37 likes this.
  16. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    We had a full squad last night. @HaloJ and I were joined by @Dogstar and @Foundry37 (for the very first time, nothing like jumping in at the deep end) as well as AlpineAtum. We had a blast and we did well as a squad, working well together as we chatted and having a laugh. We won on most of the maps and were top squad at least once.

Thanks to all who attended and we'll be back on Battlefield Sunday next week. :)

17. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I keep meaning to join, but I’m starting to flag again early on in the evenings. There’s a 50/50 chance I’ll be there next Sunday :D

18. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    We've even changed the start time to 8pm for you early-bedders! So get yourself on in the next few weeks before you REALLY learn what being tired is like! ;)

19. WetPaintGaming

WetPaintGaming Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    WetPaintGaming
    Well I may be joining you, Warframe dependent obviously, but I also reserve the right to mute myself for the sake of team moral.

PS Is there any reason NOT to open the 25 Battlepacks I've been given? I presume it's pretty much all comestic stuff to make guns I can't use look 'shiny'.

HaloJ likes this.
  20. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Great stuff! We’ll be on from 8pm (possibly a bit before). Fair enough on muting if you wish but there's no need, especially if @Jkrohn1 is on, he can be a bit potty-mouthed at times. :lol:

Go ahead and open them, they are indeed just cosmetics, a chance to get pieces towards some melee weapons (effectively cosmetics) and XP boosts. We can talk you through other stuff when we play. Do note the sliding in-game isn't quite as good as in Warframe. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice