Multi Battlefied 4orce with JackFrags

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
JackFrags has teamed up with Machinima for a new 5 part series with news updates and features for Battlefield 4.

The first episode is about the upcoming changes to Battlelog.

Some of the new features sound good. I like the prospect of having the mini-map on a laptop while playing.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree that the additional mini-map thing just gives the rich kids an advantage.

Exactly the same as those with multi-monitor setups can have a spectator watching their six for example....although it's unconfirmed how this will actually work, hopefully not in real time.

Other than that I disagree with every aspect of what they've said. The advantages of the extra abilities on mobile battlelog don't apply to console players any more than they do for PC players, doing stuff in game will be better than ****ing about with some piece of shit mobile device. I also disagree that people don't use battlelog, although I can understand why PC players wouldn't use the loadout in battlelog, other than that they come across as a little moronic and certainly have no ****ing clue about how the vast majority of people play this game (i.e. the non PC players).

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree that the additional mini-map thing just gives the rich kids an advantage.

Exactly the same as those with multi-monitor setups can have a spectator watching their six for example....although it's unconfirmed how this will actually work, hopefully not in real time.

Other than that I disagree with every aspect of what they've said. The advantages of the extra abilities on mobile battlelog don't apply to console players any more than they do for PC players, doing stuff in game will be better than ****ing about with some piece of shit mobile device. I also disagree that people don't use battlelog, although I can understand why PC players wouldn't use the loadout in battlelog, other than that they come across as a little moronic and certainly have no ****ing clue about how the vast majority of people play this game (i.e. the non PC players).
So, overall you liked it then?

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a 7inch tablet and a bargain 10.1inch one on the way but I don't think I'll use it as a second screen, I prefer to keep me eyes on the TV. I am interested in trying out the commander mode on the tablet.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tend to use my macbook at the same time as I'm gaming...it's a erm, 13" screen on it, or something like that, it could sit quite comfortably covering just the map corner of the TV to give a bigger more in depth map.

Not really sure i'd use it, but i'd certainly be happy to use my macbook to play commander mode as I can do that while the kids are still up.

I do like the idea of a better Battlelog though and certainly a mobile app for it so you can set up loadouts and missions and keep track of stats easier.

I'm just generally really excited at the moment for the next gen, in particular BF4, but as I don't have a tablet and don't want one (my wife has a tablet...don't 'get it' as it's exactly the same as her laptop, just with a smaller screen...she still puts a proper keyboard onto it to use it rather that wanky touch screen stuff..*mutter mutter tablets mutter*) i'm a little concerned about the tablet integration that is seemingly being forced upon us.

I may have to look at getting a tablet, or maybe a Vita, which i'd rather go for.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If I were to use the second screen, it would be on my mac. I'll certainly try it, and if it works well then excellent! If not, then it's no different to what I'm doing now. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bottom line is that I can certainly live without it...as @Wilks quite rightly pointed out, when I'm playing games my eyes are on the screen.

Last edited by a moderator: