PS4 Basement Crawl, the new Bomberman

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Basement Crawl arrives on PSN tomorrow and it looks great. Its a PS4 exclusive and is described as a strategic action game that combines the best parts of classic Bomberman-style gameplay with modern multiplayer technology.

Players will get to choose a class and then set traps to try to weaken or destroy enemies in competition that rewards skill, not grinding, which could be problematic for those like myself who aren't great problem solvers.

Gameplay involves things such as setting up traps that can either be self-detonated or by other players stepping on to them and in game characters each having their own unique abilities which have been well balanced so as not to have too much of an advantage over other characters.

You will be able to play against three friends via the four-player local multiplayer or join into a larger game online against up-to-eight players.

I loved Bomberman and this looks like great fun.

Gameplay trailer

Slightly freaky trailer

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That second trailer is creepy! I couldn't see how it related at first but when I watched the first video again I could see the characters in there.

@Jenxy_, keep us posted if you get this, especially those of us who haven't got a PS4 yet. :)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks fun! We could have tournaments :)

Price?

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks fun! We could have tournaments :)

Price?
Pretty sure the game costs £7.99, although not 100% as I havent bought it yet, will be getting it though.

I fancied reading a few reviews first but alas can't find any, so I'll buy it blind. Am pretty sure I'll enjoy it, as loved Bomberman :D

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll wait a bit before I buy. Want to hear more about it.

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Same. I played Bomberman Ultra on PS3 and thought it was pants.
:o I thought it was brilliant, in fact the first time I played it was on the PS3, although I guess saying that I have nothing to compare it to.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It seems that Basement Crawl has been delayed due to 'Exciting Opportunities'...

Source: IGN

Just a week after announcing Basement Crawl would be released today, developer Bloober Team has delayed its debut PlayStation 4 game in order to take advantage of "exciting opportunities" that have arisen.

"While the completed version of Basement Crawl was prepped for launch during the last week, several exciting opportunities to partner with major industry players to enhance, refine and add-to the game arose," said Bloober CEO Piotr Babieno. "Although a difficult decision, we decided that the best choice for us, as a team, was to delay Basement Crawl so that we could take full advantage of these opportunities. We will be able leverage those new partnerships to further grow and improve the game while still providing an amazingly fun multiplayer experience for PS4 owners. We'll be able to announce more details in the days and weeks to come."

Today's announcement provides no indication as to what these partnerships might entail. Basement Crawl will still be out in the first quarter of 2014, meaning that -- barring any further delays -- it will be available by the end of March.

The Bomberman-style Basement Crawl was scheduled to be released on PlayStation 4 in Europe today and sometime "soon" in North America. When it is released, it'll be a digital-only title available for $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99.

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really, delayed. It seems that the one thing next gen games have in common, is that they are mainly being delayed, lol.

Oh well never mind I'll have Destiny to keep me entertained soon..... :cry: