Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Most popular console was the Wii.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Apparently the average gamer argues with their partner twice a week over gaming. More than one in twenty say gaming is the constant cause of arguments, while 15% have broken up with someone because of their love of gaming.
Really ?
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 9 years and we have never had an argument about anything let alone gaming, just how pathetic is that?

According to the rest of the article im not an average UK gamer. 44, not married and earn sod all.

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really ?
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 9 years and we have never had an argument about anything let alone gaming, just how pathetic is that?

According to the rest of the article im not an average UK gamer. 44, not married and earn sod all.
Sounds pretty average to me Mick, all bar the 44 bit!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The article sums up fairly well, I'm 34, married and on the shit wage they listed.

However it does look like the majority of people who claim to be 'gamers' aren't what we'd call gamers.

And arguing over games twice a week? Erm, why? I don't think i've ever had an argument with my wife over gaming in the 10+ years we've been together and that's even with taking time off work for console and game releases rather than taking time off work to spend with her.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Yep same here I'm one of those average people in there article. I also argue everyday with my partner but that's always about money or the lack of :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I've never claimed to be average so I'm slightly disappointed that I, like the average gamer, has met at least 1 online friend and owns more than one console. Never mind hey!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well my teacher was right about me. Everything about me is below average.:cry:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Same as me slaine